Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > General Hunting Forums > Whitetail Deer Hunting
Has Anyone Hunted Deer With a Recurve? >

Has Anyone Hunted Deer With a Recurve?

Community
Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

Has Anyone Hunted Deer With a Recurve?

Old 09-26-2021, 05:10 AM
Super Moderator

I'll be taking a youth hunter out squirrel hunting a coupe times the next few weeks. I was just gonna go sit with him, but I think I'll carry the recurve. You never know if a doe gets within 15 yards it'll be a fun experience for both of us!

-Jake
Old 09-26-2021, 07:44 AM
Nontypical Buck

The first Deer I ever took was a fork Mule Deer with a 45 lb recurve. The county had been closed to rifle hunting for two years due to extreme fire danger, a lot of Deer around. I tracked fresh Deer berries until I found a Deer bedded down mid-morning. Thick brush, I actually took the shot with the Bow held horizontally. The first shot missed, the second shot hit. I'd practiced a lot hunting Crows. Took some tracking to find the Deer, a hundred yards through thick Chaparral. It is tight in thick Chaparral moving through is usually on your knees, no airflow, over 90 degrees, remember it well.