HuntingNet.com Forums

HuntingNet.com Forums (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/)
-   Whitetail Deer Hunting (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/whitetail-deer-hunting-4/)
-   -   Filmed bucks fighting while I was on vacation (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/whitetail-deer-hunting/426641-filmed-bucks-fighting-while-i-vacation.html)

stickman37 09-08-2021 04:51 AM

Filmed bucks fighting while I was on vacation

Some of you may want to see this. It was pretty awesome. I was at Fripp Island, SC this past weekend and the island is loaded with deer. They are not hunted here and they just roam all around on the island. I mean they are everywhere, walking through everyone's yards, out on the dunes at the beach, literally everywhere. I'm not much of a beach person so I just ran around on a golf cart and filmed a bunch of bucks on my phone while my fam was at the beach. Anyway, they were finished and I picked them up in the golf cart and was headed back to the house we rented. We went up and over a bridge over a tidal creek and when we came down the other side these two 8 points were locked up pretty hard. I started filming the fight and then it got really close to the golf cart and I had to back away, but then a bunch of other vehicles started blocking me in too as everyone was stopping to watch the fight. Some of the tourists absolutely freaked at what they saw. The thing is one of the bucks was still in velvet so as they were fighting the velvet is getting ripped up and is bleeding. I mean both antlers started turning bright red at this point. These tourists went bonkers. Multiple of them called island security and it didn't matter what I had to tell them. I tried to explain look this is normal, the blood is from the velvet, stay away from them, etc.. And these people thought I was an idiot telling them this stuff. I think there is a lot of people in this world that just can handle real nature. Anyway I thought it was pretty cool to see it happen this close to me.

ganthercage 09-29-2021 02:12 PM

Originally Posted by stickman37 (Post 4396764)
Some of you may want to see this. It was pretty awesome. I was at Fripp Island, SC this past weekend and the island is loaded with deer. They are not hunted here and they just roam all around on the island. I mean they are everywhere, walking through everyone's yards, out on the dunes at the beach, literally everywhere. I'm not much of a beach person so I just ran around on a golf cart and filmed a bunch of bucks on my phone while my fam was at the beach. Anyway, they were finished and I picked them up in the golf cart and was headed back to the house we rented. We went up and over a bridge over a tidal creek and when we came down the other side these two 8 points were locked up pretty hard. I started filming the fight and then it got really close to the golf cart and I had to back away, but then a bunch of other vehicles started blocking me in too as everyone was stopping to watch the fight. Some of the tourists absolutely freaked at what they saw. The thing is one of the bucks was still in velvet so as they were fighting the velvet is getting ripped up and is bleeding. I mean both antlers started turning bright red at this point. These tourists went bonkers. Multiple of them called island security and it didn't matter what I had to tell them. I tried to explain look this is normal, the blood is from the velvet, stay away from them, etc.. And these people thought I was an idiot telling them this stuff. I think there is a lot of people in this world that just can handle real nature. Anyway I thought it was pretty cool to see it happen this close to me.
snaptube vidmate

that's fantastic it's my first time to see this on ytube

LouisBMason 10-01-2021 01:41 AM

That's really amazing.