Community
Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

My first Deer..Take a look!

Old 11-11-2003, 09:10 PM

Default RE: My first Deer..Take a look!

A super #1 and hopfully the first of many.
Old 11-11-2003, 09:52 PM
Nontypical Buck

congratulations on your first deer.he' s a beauty
Old 11-11-2003, 10:20 PM

Congrats on your first deer! Fine one too! Memories of your first deer will always remain. Even after deer hunting for 26 years, I still think of my first deer all the time. Great memories. Good Luck!! -- CDH
Old 11-12-2003, 07:46 AM
Boone & Crockett

Congrats on your exceptional first deer, I like your thinking when you say you are getting a bow this year to start bow hunting next year. I can tell you right now that you are doing the right thing, a bow is nothing at all like a gun, I could shoot a gun very well at 9 years old after only running 50 rounds through a 22, a bow is a whole different animal, the more you practice the better you will get, the less you practice the worse. If you are serious about it get your bow right after the new models come out for next year and save some serious bucks on this years model. Buy your bow from a bow shop that way they can tune and set up your bow for you, they will also get you set up with the proper arrows cut to the proper length for you. Then the fun begins, practice, practice, practice. Once you have that first year of bow under your belt do not make the mistake so many wanna be bow hunters make and not practice until a week before the season opens, at a minimum you should try and practice a little bit every week year round and once you are a month away from season opener start practicing daily.
Old 11-12-2003, 10:13 AM
Fork Horn

Yep, thats a " first deer" grin if I ever say one! Congrats! where are all those points...does it have split brow tines?