Community
Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

2021 Whitetail Photo Thread

Old 10-21-2021, 01:32 PM
Spike

Didn't fill my tag last year but bil shot nice 8 point 100 yards from me. I saw it in the morning walking in but too far away. Here's some I've taken in recent years. Hope I get a chance this year. 1st one is a deer shot the season before I got in his stand but I got the middle one from that stand and buddy got the last one all the same year.
Attached Thumbnails 2021 Whitetail Photo Thread-garysdeer.jpg   2021 Whitetail Photo Thread-jersdeer002.jpg   2021 Whitetail Photo Thread-ablind2.jpg  

Last edited by Popgunshooter; 10-21-2021 at 01:34 PM. Reason: more info
Old 11-07-2021, 10:45 AM
Fork Horn

Got this one with my bow off the ground in Wisconsin's Central Forest (public land). Nov 3rd. He died while crossing a beaver dam.

Old 11-09-2021, 03:14 AM
Boone & Crockett

Default It finally came together yesterday, one on the ground

I saw more deer yesterday than I did all season. At 9:30 I saw a deer sneaking through the brush, the woods where I hunt still is holding onto it's leaves, I could only see legs moving but I knew the deer was on a deer trail and I knew it came out in front of me onto a wide grass trail. I got my crossbow ready and when he came out on the trail , that was the first time I knew it was a buck, and he turned broadside at 30 yards I shot and hear a solid hit. The buck ran up the trail ahead of me and ran down into a ravine that runs along my stand. I waited a few minutes and walked to where he was when I shot. I found no blood so I followed his direction and found blood about 10 yards away. I slowly followed the blood trail down the ravine and then across the hill side, then down again where I found him laying in the creek that runs through the ravine. Another victory for my carbon Express 390. He is a big bodied 6 point, I think if I stretched it I could get a legal seven but I am not a bone hunter s it doesn't matter to me. I called my friend and landowner and told him I could use a hand getting him up the side of the ravine where I could get him on my ATV. I have to say I never used a gut hook before and I have gutted a lot of deer but it really made unzipping the deer easy. I got it as a gift when I joined the Elk Foundation, a set of two knives and a bone saw with orange handles. They will always be in my back pack from now on.

cool girl fish names

Last edited by Oldtimr; 11-09-2021 at 01:23 PM.
Old 11-09-2021, 03:58 AM
Fork Horn

Nice One OT ! Congrats !
I can smell the steaks cooking on the grill already ! LOL
Old 11-09-2021, 01:13 PM
Typical Buck

Here is my 7 point buck from October 28 .
Attached Thumbnails 2021 Whitetail Photo Thread-img_0002.jpg  
Old 11-09-2021, 04:10 PM
Nontypical Buck

Congrats guys! They are still whipping me here in VT.
Old 11-14-2021, 03:41 PM
Giant Nontypical

Lot of good looking pictures ..hope everyone has a safe and productive year !

dd
Old 11-17-2021, 05:03 PM
Spike

I'd love to say I got this buck. the truth is my brother is really good at photoshopping photographs, LOL.

Attached Thumbnails 2021 Whitetail Photo Thread-big_buck_002b.jpg  
Old 11-18-2021, 06:32 AM
Super Moderator

My dad got his first ever archery deer this morning. A nice little button buck. Dad's always hunted, always filled tags, but never with a bow. He's always been a worker and archery season was spent working. Then he'd take a few days during gun season and fill 2 or 3 tags and be done. But last year he wanted to start using my crossbow so I pretty much gave it to him. He's been after an 8 point he'd been seeing, but after not seeing it for about two weeks he decided to take the next deer he saw.

Double lung, deer went about 60 yards, out of sight.

shot at 0730. I had to drop the kids off at school and we like to give them some time to bleed out so we started the track at 0830. Deer was in the garage skinned and we were eating heart by 0930. A good morning for him! (Dad, I mean, not the deer!)

My youngest boy sure was excited.

-Jake

Last edited by Bocajnala; 11-18-2021 at 06:44 AM.
Old 11-18-2021, 02:50 PM
Fork Horn

Originally Posted by Bocajnala
My dad got his first ever archery deer this morning. A nice little button buck. Dad's always hunted, always filled tags, but never with a bow. He's always been a worker and archery season was spent working. Then he'd take a few days during gun season and fill 2 or 3 tags and be done. But last year he wanted to start using my crossbow so I pretty much gave it to him. He's been after an 8 point he'd been seeing, but after not seeing it for about two weeks he decided to take the next deer he saw.

Double lung, deer went about 60 yards, out of sight.

shot at 0730. I had to drop the kids off at school and we like to give them some time to bleed out so we started the track at 0830. Deer was in the garage skinned and we were eating heart by 0930. A good morning for him! (Dad, I mean, not the deer!)

My youngest boy sure was excited.

-Jake
. Congrats to your Old Man Bacajnala. My Dad started hunting with me back in 2013. He's coming over tomorrow to spend a week with me. Still looking for his first buck.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.