Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > General Hunting Forums > Whitetail Deer Hunting
New leasing trend for whitetail >

New leasing trend for whitetail

Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

New leasing trend for whitetail

Old 10-05-2021, 07:00 AM
Nontypical Buck

I agree hunting is changing and not really for the better
but that again is society, and not really hunting alone that is changing
everyone these days seems to be very superficial, and must have approval of others more than , just enjoying something themselves IMO!
and I some what however, disagree about the kid passing the 5 pointer, as odds are IMO< high, that that, kid is growing p in a house hold where they been watching TV hunts whee everyone yap's about ONLY shooting MATURE BUCKS<
odds are also the parents/those taking her hunting and teaching her hunting, also only TALK about shooting mature bucks
so the kid is most likely some what brain washed into that line of logic, so to them, shooting a small buck is , NOT a special event, and just maybe, they too look down on those that do so!
think about it, KIDS are what you raise them, and they believe what there taught by those close to them ,
where living again in a society that places so much on material objects , where EVERYONE KID get a trophy, and every thing seems to have to be video's and shared with the world

NOW that little girl might feel if she shot that 5 pointer(and odds are parents hunting with her are videoing tings), she maybe wouldnl;t want the world to see she shot a small buck, and the possible negative pressure from the public(as most videos seem to end up on social media today) and social media can be rather cruel(a whole other problem with the world today IMO, this relentless need to post everything online from dumb to ??)
which also brings up another point of hunting
WHY is there such a need to video hunting for most hunters, what ever just happened to enjoying it for yourself and not needing to SHOW Others !

IMO< Social media, is ruining more simple things generations used to enjoy, than its helping!
as social media is what is driving the costs of these simple things so many of use grew up, and we did so for free!
making so many simple things , becoming only affordable for the wealthy!

its a changing world for sure, and I am so glad I grew up in the time I did, I honestly feel bad for many kids today that just cannot do the things I did , due to costs, lack of places to do them in(human expansion has ruined a lot of the simple joys many generations had to enjoy)

and it will IMO< only get worse, as both time passes and human population and expansion increases!

Old 10-08-2021, 02:12 PM
Super Moderator

I just saw 110 acres go for $80/acre.

Expires in June (just after spring turkey season)

I just can't get my mind wrapped around it.

-Jake
Old 10-08-2021, 02:15 PM
Super Moderator

To be fair,. 510 acres went for $7,500 as well.

So about $15/acre. Which is more in line with what things have been the last few years. I have seen some insane prices this season though.

-Jake

Old 10-08-2021, 09:06 PM
Super Moderator

A ranch next to the one I hunt leases hunting rights to 2 guys from the bay area for $10K a piece per year. The area they can hunt is about 2,000 acres. It comes out to $5/acre but they don't break up the acreages for different leases. It's lease all 2,000 acres or nothing. In this zone, there are Mule Deer/Blacktail hybrids and you can draw 2 deer tags per year (Definitely not record book quality). I know there is no way I'd pay $10,000 a year to hunt for 2 bucks. It's crazy what some people pay for hunting leases.
Old 11-01-2021, 05:41 AM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by CalHunter
A ranch next to the one I hunt leases hunting rights to 2 guys from the bay area for $10K a piece per year. The area they can hunt is about 2,000 acres. It comes out to $5/acre but they don't break up the acreages for different leases. It's lease all 2,000 acres or nothing. In this zone, there are Mule Deer/Blacktail hybrids and you can draw 2 deer tags per year (Definitely not record book quality). I know there is no way I'd pay $10,000 a year to hunt for 2 bucks. It's crazy what some people pay for hunting leases.
I got priced out by outfitters to the tune of $18,000 for 600 acres......I paid $12,000

Been that way here for a long time though. If I could find 2,000 acres here for $10,000 I'd make an honest living off of it. Meaning I could outfit/guide that the right way and make a living assuming it was good habitat. No way you can outfit 600 acres for $18,000 and be profitable if you are providing a quality experience.
Old 11-03-2021, 10:02 AM
Typical Buck

I love hunting and have been doing it for over 30 years (just turned 45). If I see a trophy I will take it but other than that I meat hunt. I kill the first couple doe's I can and I let any bucks that aren't worthy of going on my wall walk, maybe someone else will get them or they will be bigger next year. All that said I would not pay money to hunt deer. I might be in the minority but to spend thousands of dollars to get a few hundred pounds of venison does not make sense to me. I already have enough money wrapped up in guns, knives, etc. but most of that could be recouped or used for other purposes.

Before I would pay $5,000.00 plus dollars to lease some local land I would just go on on some fenced in hunt somewhere. (I would not do either,) I'm just saying if I was going to spend huge money to hunt, and it seems that people who pay this kind of money are looking for antlers, I would go to TX and get one.
Old 12-06-2021, 02:36 PM
Spike

Default Where do people sell these leases

Those seem like crazy prices for leases. Where do they advertise them?
Particularly the ones sold by the week?
Old 12-06-2021, 03:23 PM
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by setanta
Those seem like crazy prices for leases. Where do they advertise them?
Particularly the ones sold by the week?
Facebook leasing pages... Here's one from earlier today....

Last edited by Bocajnala; 12-06-2021 at 03:30 PM.
Old 12-06-2021, 03:28 PM
Super Moderator

That one actually has lodging stands etc.

Lots of things like 20 acres, two ladder stands, 750/person.

-Jake
Old 12-06-2021, 04:46 PM
Nontypical Buck

hunting is a business , and its been proven, deer hunters will spend money like water, and why so many things marketed at them make so much $$$
it will only cost more and more as time passes for hunters IMO
and don't forget, many folks also think the grass is greener on the other side and that paying more means better??
its a funny world out there!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.