Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > General Hunting Forums > Whitetail Deer Hunting
Why are so many deer out in the in the middle of the day? >

Why are so many deer out in the in the middle of the day?

Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

Why are so many deer out in the in the middle of the day?

Old 07-23-2021, 09:01 AM
Spike

Default Why are so many deer out in the in the middle of the day?

I live in Springfield township New Jersey. In the middle of suburbia. I am not a hunter. I'm a gardener who is always trying new tactics to keep the deer out of my garden. In past years, the deer have been active early morning / near dusk, typical crepuscular activity. This year however, things are different. The deer have been out and coming right up and looking in my window in the middle of the day on 90° days rather than staying hunkered down. Why might this behavior be taking place? I have numerous photos I don't know if I'll be able to post them but I will try. Just curious if there's a reason that this is going on. They've destroyed my garden, eaten all my flowers both annual and perennial and have broken through my bay window.

Last edited by NJGardener; 07-23-2021 at 09:02 AM. Reason: I don't see my photos attached
Old 07-23-2021, 09:15 AM
Spike

Default Still trying to get photos to upload. They aren't going

Replying to my own thread trying to upload photos
Originally Posted by NJGardener
I live in Springfield township New Jersey. In the middle of suburbia. I am not a hunter. I'm a gardener who is always trying new tactics to keep the deer out of my garden. In past years, the deer have been active early morning / near dusk, typical crepuscular activity. This year however, things are different. The deer have been out and coming right up and looking in my window in the middle of the day on 90° days rather than staying hunkered down. Why might this behavior be taking place? I have numerous photos I don't know if I'll be able to post them but I will try. Just curious if there's a reason that this is going on. They've destroyed my garden, eaten all my flowers both annual and perennial and have broken through my bay window.
Old 07-23-2021, 09:17 AM
Spike

Default Can't get photos to upload

If someone can tell me how to upload photos I will do so. I tried to upload them from my phone and from my Google drive as well as Amazon photos. It says they upload but then they don't appear. I have large bucks ,does and fawns with noses pressed against my window at noon when it's 90°. I don't understand
Old 07-23-2021, 09:42 AM
Nontypical Buck

ODDS are main reason the deer are active in middle of the day is due to LACK of hunting pressure on them, when wild animals are NOT hunted by HUMANS< they over time tend to NOT be scared of humans,
and they they start to realize that HUMANS LOVE to plant food DEER love to eat
adding to more and more issues between humans and deer

the humans some how think DEER shouldn;t eat what they plant, not understanding that deer DON"T care what Humans think
when deer don't get hunted, deer never learn humans are dangerous and to maybe stay away from them

this is a very common issue in area's that have either NO hunting area's or almost no hunting allowed due to restrictions in private communities or just due to NO one willing to allow hunting on the lands within area's deer strive!(or worse lots of anti hunters in an area that harass hunters to the point hunters don't want to hunt there)

or just due to safety reasons!

deer, learn where there safe, there NOT dumb animals!
and all the better if that safety of NO hunting also has yards full of landscape and garden salad bars open 24/7 for them to enjoy!

SO< as generations of deer living in these safety places learn , that they don't have to rely on safety of dark or low light(evenings and early mornings) to feed, they find out NO one is trying to kill them, they roam yards and neighborhoods freely any hour they are hunger!

want to protect your garden from deer, , all you can do in fence it off 8 ft plus tall fencing and or electric fence is about all that will work too by the way!

want to get rid of deer, allow a hunter to hunt them, or get involved ion your area's and try and get hunting allowed in your area if, its NOT allowed now, and make friends with hunters!
Hunters are NOT all about just killing
most hunters do way more for wildlife than any NON hunter ever does and we do it all; the time!
we actually treasure the animals we hunt, for us there valuable
Hunters don't just see them as targets!

and we sure don't see them as animals eating our gardens and shrubs and like things!
we accept the fact there just trying to live and need food to do so, , animals don't know the difference in foods for YOU over them, or about landscaping LOOKS!

ANY how hope this helps you some,. NO bash meant here! just info for you to think on!
Old 07-23-2021, 02:23 PM
Boone & Crockett

"Deer," not dear are out at all times of the day if they are hungry.
Old 07-24-2021, 01:36 AM
Nontypical Buck

Around here, this time of year, the deer flies and other biting flies in the woods are relentless. The deer come out in the open where the sun and wind keep them away. I have seen them bedded down in an open, worked field in the middle of the day during fly season.
Old 07-24-2021, 09:58 AM
Nontypical Buck

If someone can tell me how to upload photos I will do so. I tried to upload them from my phone and from my Google drive as well as Amazon photos. It says they upload but then they don't appear. I have large bucks ,does and fawns with noses pressed against my window at noon when it's 90°. I don't understand
they must be hosted on a website like Imgur, type in www.imgur.com in your web browser, open an account, upload your pics, then post the link here and they will post.
Old 07-24-2021, 11:29 AM
Boone & Crockett

I live in a semi rural area on the edge of several hundred acres of farm land that plant soybeans, wheat and corn and properties have small woods and wooded edge of fields. It is usual for me to see several deer in those fields almost every day during the day.
Old 07-25-2021, 05:45 AM
Dominant Buck

I live on a large island between upper ny state and vt. There are lots of deer and they are always in the farm fields at all hours of day and night. I had to fence in my veggie garden to keep them out.
Old 07-30-2021, 12:33 PM
Giant Nontypical

Invite some bowhunters to thin the deer down. Shouldnt be hard to find someone to take you up on that sort of offer.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.