HuntingNet.com Forums

HuntingNet.com Forums (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/)
-   Whitetail Deer Hunting (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/whitetail-deer-hunting-4/)
-   -   Problems with OnX? (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/whitetail-deer-hunting/426218-problems-onx.html)

hubby11 07-13-2021 07:30 AM

Problems with OnX?

I have been using the OnX for a few years now and have been pretty happy. It helps a great deal with my planning of both hunts and fishing. I use OnX on both my phone and home computer to plot out waypoints, tracks to follow. The map download feature is great since most of my hunting and fishing areas have no cel coverage.

My problem is that the most recent update to the online (via my computer) website seems very glitchy. It has almost completely stalled my computer to the point that I cannot use it. The layers take forever to load and using the mouse for zooming in/out or moving the cursor around has the map jumping all over the place. My computer is not brand new by any means but I get around the 'net with no problem. Curious if anyone else has noticed this.

Thanks,

Bocajnala 07-14-2021 05:11 AM

I only use the app and it's running fine for me.

-Jake

MudderChuck 07-14-2021 06:40 AM

Might be a computer problem. If you have multiple copies of the same program running in Task Manager close them all and start over again. Reboot your computer. Install the free "Clean Master" app don't use any of the add ons (important), just the Junk Clean. Install the free version of Malwarebytes.
You may have to deinstall the Onx program and reload it.
No idea of your computer literacy so try the easy stuff first.

hubby11 07-14-2021 09:41 AM

Originally Posted by Bocajnala (Post 4394458)
-Jake

The app works great for me as well, it's just my computer that is bogged down. Thing is, I am starting to use my computer more and more for planning purposes. I put waypoints at access points and mark out specific trails and such.

Originally Posted by MudderChuck (Post 4394464)
Might be a computer problem. If you have multiple copies of the same program running in Task Manager close them all and start over again. Reboot your computer. Install the free "Clean Master" app don't use any of the add ons (important), just the Junk Clean. Install the free version of Malwarebytes.
You may have to deinstall the Onx program and reload it.
No idea of your computer literacy so try the easy stuff first.

Thanks for the advice. I consider myself semi-computer literate. I have already cleared out my browsing/cache history (I use CCleaner fairly regularly) and I try to pare down the add-ons and such. I have also tried using different browsers - Chrome, Firefox, Edge - without any noticeable difference. It may just be I need to upgrade my computer as it is 5-6 years old, but I have not seen a need until now.

excalibur43 07-14-2021 09:56 AM

Originally Posted by Bocajnala (Post 4394458)

-Jake

Same here. I only use the app. Works fine.

MudderChuck 07-14-2021 01:16 PM

I know when the heat sink for my CPU gets plugged up with pollen and dust it really slows my computer down. The higher the temp the slower my CPU gets. A clean heat sink really makes a difference.

hubby11 07-15-2021 06:24 AM

Originally Posted by MudderChuck (Post 4394484)
I know when the heat sink for my CPU gets plugged up with pollen and dust it really slows my computer down. The higher the temp the slower my CPU gets. A clean heat sink really makes a difference.

Nah, problem is either an old computer or the new webpage is bloated. OnX is actually being fairly responsive. I am in a dialoge with them and am sending them screenshots with the Javascript. Hopefully the issue will be resolved.

My reason for posting this was just to see if anyone else was having this issue on their computer (not phone).

Thanks,