Community
Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

got one!

Old 11-08-2003, 07:50 PM

Default got one!

hey ya' ll...i was out sittin on the deerstand this evenin and right at dark, two deer came out, one had to be a doe (by the size of it) and the other was a buck...its body size dwarfed the doe and i could see antlers, so i got my gun up. when i pulled the hammer back, the buck raised its head and appeared to look at me, and then the doe moved into the brush, so i knew he was about to so i shot him. not much of a blood trail for about 20 yards, then there was a spot so big i coulda taken a bath in it. we followed the trail for about 75 yds (after the big spot, it was all in little droplets) before losing it...

we' re goin back tomorrow to find it...i' m findin that deer. when i do, i' ll post pics for ya' ll
Old 11-08-2003, 07:54 PM
nub

Default RE: got one!

Congrats hopefully 1shot. Buy yourself a flashlight! lol
Old 11-08-2003, 07:58 PM
New Sheriff

Hey Nub, good idea on the flashlight
Old 11-08-2003, 08:05 PM
nub

Just amazes me 4. All these members here own thousands of dollars worth of guns and bows, not to mention computers, and they can' t spring for a flashlight![] Come on guys, check under those couch cushions. LOL
Old 11-08-2003, 09:01 PM
Nontypical Buck

sounds like a good hit, go back out(tonight , after you go to walmart , hint hint )....good luck...
Old 11-09-2003, 06:32 AM

Good luck on finding your buck! - walmart carries al sorts of good and cheap lights--lol
Old 11-09-2003, 10:07 AM
Typical Buck

Sounds like that might have been a gut shot, you did the right thing by
waiting. Let us know how it turns out.

Old 11-09-2003, 10:42 AM

guys - we had 7 flashlights (no lie) looking for that deer.

we found him this morning...on the side of the road with the antlers cut off and the hams missing. it was my deer, b/c it had a hole only a hollow point could put in it and it didn' t have the exit wound. It was a lung shot made with a .357 magnum hollow point at about 40 yards.

i just hope it wasn' t the big 8 point. it had a big body on it (maybe 180 - 200 lbs on the hoof) and the antlers had to have been pretty big for someone to take ' em.
Old 11-09-2003, 05:29 PM

thats to bad man, truly to bad!!!!!srry to hear/read.. my wife is also discussted over what they did to the deer..
Old 11-09-2003, 06:19 PM

Lanterns work good, the light is more concentrated towards the ground......... good luck......

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.