Community
Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

Got a doe on Friday

Old 12-15-2020, 07:18 AM
Spike

Congratulations. Have to admit I am jealous. Unfortunately due to health issues with the wife, I have been unable to hunt this year. But usually after I have a few in the freezer with my 760 in .30/06, I start carrying an iron sighted 94 in .30/30. Quite a few meals have been provided by that particular rifle.
Old 12-15-2020, 02:04 PM
Typical Buck

thank you bronko. & yes i can't wait for the 2021 hunting season. by that time i will be able to shoulder my rifles ps it was good to talk to you today & btw enjoy the snow coming your way
Old 12-18-2020, 02:40 PM
Dominant Buck

Nice going on the doe. I set my goal for 2 flat heads one with the bow and the other with old smokey. Filled both tags with some good eats.
Old 12-20-2020, 07:09 PM
Spike

Congrats! Personally I think of a bare 30-30 marlin lever action to be the perfect deer rifle. Really easy to use, accurate, reliable, light weight and less cumbersome than most deer rifles with large scopes. You can still take out deer with irons at 100 yards with no issue.