Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

my opinion

Old 11-02-2020, 06:40 AM
Spike

Default my opinion

so this will be my first post in here,am a new member
this may sound harsh, but i have to say it in referance to all posts with hunters sitting on their success.

I'm going to say some thing here YOU ARE NOT GOING TO LIKE
But congrats to you on this, your friends first buck
but the picture of him (SITTING ON THE BUCK IS NOT RESPECTFUL AT ALL) we as sportsmen should not LORD over the Quarry we pursue but be respectful of the majestic animals they are and the pursuit that we endure to have them in all there glory. I really don't like this and have told very close friends that have sent me a pic with their hunters or friends and family posed in this manner and told them that is not right and very disrespectful to the animal, what ever it may be. Or how much you spent.
(MY OPINION ONLY)

STONE.
Old 11-02-2020, 07:36 AM
Boone & Crockett

OK, you don't like it, so continue not liking it. However, some hunter come lately really doesn't have the right to pop up here and the first post he makes is criticism of other hunters here. Bad form! It is not illegal, it is not ethically wrong and you are not the photo police. Feel free not to like those kinds of photos and don't look at them. Also feel free to keep your feelings to yourself instead of attempting push people into your mind set. By the way, I never had a photo taken sitting on my deer or my elk or any other animal, not because I agree with you but because I simply didn't. Welcome to the forum, I think.
Old 11-02-2020, 08:55 AM
Nontypical Buck

I kind of know where you are coming from, but I'm not going to be a "Karen" about it.
Where I hunt mostly, there are centuries-old traditions and respecting the animals you harvest is part of that tradition. The "Last Bite" is a part of the tradition which I practice with or without a witness. "When in Rome do what the Romans do",
They also play the horns at the end of a drive hunt which stirs something deep inside of me, maybe genetic?
Old 11-02-2020, 11:55 AM
JW
Super Moderator

A trophy or trophy picture is what the person wants or chooses and is taken for them and not to appease the public.
I'm all for posting of tasteful pictures. DO hide the blood, push that tongue back in and take your best picture to treasure and create a memory.
JW
Old 11-02-2020, 12:20 PM
Nontypical Buck

I hadn't really noticed members here sitting on their animals. Maybe you need some different friends?
Old 11-02-2020, 03:25 PM
Nontypical Buck

I always try to take a good photo. I clean up the blood, make sure the tongue isn’t hanging out, try to have my buddies in the photo, and make sure the animal is presented in a nice pose so I can relive the memory of the hunt when ever I look at the photo.

With that said, I could care less how others take their photos. It’s up to them and if that’s what they want, so be it.

Not a great first post for you Stoner.
Old 11-02-2020, 04:12 PM
Super Moderator

Hunting is about eating good, having fun, spending time with family, and enjoying nature.

Don't take yourself too seriously.

-Jake
Old 11-02-2020, 04:16 PM
Super Moderator

But welcome to HNI. Good group of folks here

-Jake
Old 11-02-2020, 07:13 PM
Typical Buck

As always everyone is entitled to their own opinion. Does not mean others will have the same one or agree with it. Keep posting.
Old 11-05-2020, 01:35 AM
Spike

hey all, dont take my post wrongly, am just trying to tell y'all how i feel when i saw my co-hunters do that stuff. am not in any way trying to manipulate peoples mindset.
am here to make friends not enemy..

thank y'all..

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.