Community
Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

Taxidermy???????

Old 11-06-2003, 05:14 PM

Default Taxidermy???????

Hey guy' s!
Anyone here know how to mount your own Deer? I have searched around the net looking for help but recieved very little. I see that Cabela' s has a kit you can get.
Just wondered if there is anyone here that has done it or have some beginner tips.

Thanks
Troy

Old 11-06-2003, 05:17 PM
Fork Horn

Default RE: Taxidermy???????

A friend of mine has done his own and he is very good.It is alot of work and takes alot of practice to get it right.
Old 11-06-2003, 08:16 PM

Thanks
Old 11-06-2003, 08:19 PM
Typical Buck

I' m a part time taxidermist. More of an expensive hobby than anything. It does take a lot of work and LOTS of practice to get good at it. By far the most info you' ll find is at the www.taxidermy.net forums. Read through the archives. Everything you need to know is in there. Also, you' ll need books and videos. WASCO had a good selection. They own the taxidermy.net site, but their home site is www.taxidermy.com.
Old 11-07-2003, 01:18 PM
Nontypical Buck

I have been doing a little taxidermy here and there for about 1 yr but I have not done a deer yet. I am going to do one this year. Go to taxidermy.net then click forums and search the archives! People will get mad if you ask questions that are constantly asked w/o searching the archives. You should not jump right into deer mounting you must research and get many supplies if you want it to look good. Theres a reason taxidermist get paid 400 dollars for a deer mount. Good Luck!