Community
Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

getting basic handgun skills

Old 07-06-2020, 08:41 PM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by Bocajnala
And he may be a troll, OT typically has a good eye for identifying those that are.

But certainly not based on that post.

-Jake
Air Police used to carry revolvers way back when and are just now phasing out the last of them. I never saw Military Police (except CID) carry anything but a 1911a1 in the 70s. In fact, the Military Police kept the 1911a1 until way past when the Berettas M-9 was phased in for most of the Army.
Old 07-06-2020, 08:48 PM
Nontypical Buck

A lot of people write off sir pistols and head straight for full caliber pistols, but air pistols are useful tools to perfect technique. A broad statement, an air pistol shooter can shoot well with a pistol before they develop a flinch, but a pistol shooter can seldom shoot an air pistol well without training. The thing is all of the normal flaws/bad habits for a pistol shooter are exaggerated when shooting an air pistol
Old 07-07-2020, 08:46 AM
Super Moderator

I haven't seen anything yet to indicate that Wifeshusband is a troll. Just the opposite. In the "suspected" post, he gave pretty good advice for handgun hunting. I was in the Marines in the late 70's/early 80's and was a PMI for the last year and a half of my tour. I primarily taught rifles although also taught pistols. Most of the rifles were old M-16A1's and the pistols were Government 45's. Having said that, I am also aware that specialized units in all branches of service were able to choose different weapons based on their type of duty. From wifeshusband's post, he said he was in a special K9 unit that used revolvers for safety reasons. I'm guessing he was in the Air Force but don't know that for sure as he didn't say. I also have no idea of what AF K9's used for sidearms. Or K9 units in any other branch of service in the 70's. Do you have such information OT?