Community
Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

unlucky hunter I am

Old 11-06-2003, 09:59 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default unlucky hunter I am

The season for me I would have to say has been fairly goodone. Have seen a lot of deer. On the average I proabably see one or two deer a day. I havent filled my tags. About every hunter around where I hunt has taged a deer. One has already taged two. I think I am very unlucky. The deer never seem to come close enough to shoot at or something else goes wrong. Where I hunt the deer population is pretty high. Is there anything I can do? How do these guys year after year tag a deer?
Old 11-06-2003, 10:09 AM
Boone & Crockett

Default RE: unlucky hunter I am

Dont feel badI' m having one of those years
Old 11-06-2003, 10:12 AM

Patience and persistance pays off. Keep with it and you' ll eventually score but don' t forget to remember that the harvest is only a portion of the hunt. Enjoy your time afield for there is nothing more peacefull and beautiful than mother nature.

Good luck.... and get back out there!!!!
Old 11-06-2003, 10:27 AM

I wish I was that lucky. The only deer I have even seen in the past 3 or 4 years were after the season was closed. I know there are deer in the area. I see their tracks and droppings all the time but I never see the deer. I know they' re moving too. I hear other people shooting. I am working on tuning my setup, maybe moving slightly (50 or 100 yards). Get in earlier stay later. I have a problem sitting for long periods of time. I get bored and restless. Have patience Deerhunter1224, our day will come.
Old 11-06-2003, 01:00 PM
Nontypical Buck

Don' t give up just yet. Things are going to really pick up over the next week and you may be trying to decide between deer soon. I' ve waited until November many years before I got anything.
Old 11-06-2003, 01:13 PM

I know your pain, as I have been their from time to time. Watch where the deer are coming from and where they are going. Maybe from this you can find a beet position to set up. Maybe try controling your human scent (washing clothes, scent shield spray, appropriat cover up scent(fox, coon etc))and possibly some attractant scents.
Old 11-06-2003, 07:15 PM
Nontypical Buck

Maybe a grunt tube would help. I' ve seen a fawn bleat bring ' em in running early in the season.