Community
Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

Hunting Club Issues?

Old 12-31-2019, 03:06 PM
Boone & Crockett

You club does not sound like any place I would belong to. 850 members on 300 acres and only 20 members allowed to hunt on any given day, that doesn't sound like any place that would be a place I would pay to hunt. I would not pay to stand in line. I will not stand in line to eat in a restaurant.
Old 12-31-2019, 07:27 PM
Super Moderator

Am I reading that right fyrstyk 800 members on 300 acres???

How does that work? Are there any deer left??

-Jake
Old 12-31-2019, 09:05 PM
Super Moderator

That did seem excessive. Maybe he meant 85 members with about 300 acres to hunt. Still a lot by most club standards but maybe they have other acreage devoted to other sports, etc.
Old 01-01-2020, 03:54 AM
Fork Horn

Originally Posted by Bocajnala
Am I reading that right fyrstyk 800 members on 300 acres???

How does that work? Are there any deer left??

-Jake
You read right. We are more of a shooting club. We have an indoor range, and outdoor pistol and rifle range, and 2 skeet fields. Not everyone in the club hunts. In fact, I would say less than 10% of the members want to hunt the property, but we established the rules to not have over crowding issues. We are also very big on our youth training and shooting teams. Our kids have won several national matches, and two are currently on the Olympic Training team for small bore rifle and air gun shooting. We have had several kids win full scholarships for their shooting skills.
Old 01-01-2020, 04:54 AM
Super Moderator

That makes more sense. Allot of shooters there that aren't hunting club property.

Nice to have the option of a place to hunt if you have nowhere else to go.

-Jake
Old 01-01-2020, 12:43 PM
Typical Buck

i understand the issue now if a guy has hunted that same spot for many years respect his/her's space but don't tell me i can't hunt that area or kill his deer . what if somebody kills that deer that was his deer that he has been watching. on another section of the property a hunter kill's his buck does it belong to the dude who claims that his buck. NO nobody has the right to tell you who's deer it is . it is not your personal deer . you did'nt raise him from birth. but that guy needs to get the boot off the property