HuntingNet.com Forums

HuntingNet.com Forums (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/)
-   Whitetail Deer Hunting (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/whitetail-deer-hunting-4/)
-   -   Should this get a shoulder mount?? (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/whitetail-deer-hunting/422341-should-get-shoulder-mount.html)

cmcelwee 12-13-2019 01:32 PM

Should this get a shoulder mount??

3 Attachment(s)
So I shot this 8pt buck, my first buck ever... he has a spread of 21.55” and I was curious is this would look good up on the wall. Let me know if you think he’s the right size or if I should go with a euro or something instead.<br /><br />thanks

Bocajnala 12-13-2019 02:16 PM

Only you can decide that.

It would look great on the wall imo.

A euro would look good as well.

-Jake

1Beaver1 12-13-2019 02:39 PM

Maybe this will help

1 Attachment(s)
Got this one in 1998. He was exactly 21.5”
Hope the picture posted. First attempt

Oldtimr 12-13-2019 02:50 PM

Originally Posted by cmcelwee (Post 4366530)
So I shot this 8pt buck, my first buck ever... he has a spread of 21.55” and I was curious is this would look good up on the wall. Let me know if you think he’s the right size or if I should go with a euro or something instead.<br /><br />thanks

Why would you ask strangers to make your decision for you?

Rob in VT 12-13-2019 03:52 PM

Beautiful buck, congrats! That’s a personal decision but I think he would make a beautiful mount.

flyinlowe 12-13-2019 04:04 PM

If you have the money do it, that's better then kicking yourself 10 years from now if you don't and wish you would have.

Mihajlo Simsic 12-13-2019 04:43 PM

Of course!! Plenty of people mount their first button buck even and regret it when they don't. I would have killed to have a buck like that as my first. That will be your best trophy in the room, no doubt.

Bocajnala 12-13-2019 05:26 PM

Originally Posted by Oldtimr (Post 4366535)
Why would you ask strangers to make your decision for you?

Because he wanted experienced hunters input on if that buck would make a good looking mount or not. Or if he should consider a euro or something else. Pretty common question.

Same question I asked the taxidermist before taking my bear over and he took me into his show room and showed me some similar sized mounts and what they would look like.

It's a good question before spending the money on something that may not look good.

That buck has plenty of rack to look good on the wall.

-Jake

cmcelwee 12-13-2019 06:01 PM

Yes Jake that is why I wanna asking y’all opinion so thanks for clarifying! I ended up going with the shoulder

rockport 12-13-2019 07:15 PM

I have 9 mounted deer heads in my house and a bunch of euro mounts laying around.

Ive never looked at one of my head mounts and thought "man I wish I wouldn't have had that one done" I have however looked at euro mounts and thought "man I should have had that one mounted"