HuntingNet.com Forums

HuntingNet.com Forums (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/)
-   Whitetail Deer Hunting (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/whitetail-deer-hunting-4/)
-   -   Our first double (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/whitetail-deer-hunting/422219-our-first-double.html)

rockport 11-24-2019 09:04 PM

Our first double

We had an eventful season.

Friday evening we had a BIG buck come in 10 minutes after shooting time so we weren't able to shoot him then Saturday morning we let some deer pass as my daughter was looking for her first big buck. Saturday evening the unthinkable about happened. We were backing the four wheeler up to a fence to park, we have a 500cc 4x4 honda foreman rubicon(a pretty large a powerful machine) and my daughter accidentally hit the throttle and as the four wheeler took off faster it sent us forward and harder on the throttle. The 4 wheeler climbed the fence backwards and came crashing over on top of us. All i could do was hold her tight to me and let it land on me with her under me and try my best to keep the weight off of her. With my arms around her and my head and legs holding the weight trying to create a safe space for her under me my neck was giving out and I think about to break as it cracked and popped but I manged to flip it off of us. Scary scary stuff and hopefully a big life lesson learned. We survived with a few minor injuries. She was bruised up where I had ahold of her I pulled my hamstring and my neck was swollen and stiff but we decided to go ahead and hunt. It was a slow evening but we decided we needed to start filling some tags. We only saw 2 deer and we took them both for our first double. Letting deer pass made her a much calmer hunter and she dead centered the heart on a big doe at 82 yards. We were very lucky to harvest a couple deer together and walk out with no major injuries or worse.

Bocajnala 11-24-2019 09:29 PM

Glad to hear everyone is alright. Things can happen fast with an engine involved.

nice job on the double. That's always fun.
-Jake

mackesr 11-25-2019 08:28 AM

Wow, sounds like you two were extremely lucky!!! I know the weight of those machines and from how you described the incident, the good Lord was definitely watching over you both. I know of several people that had similar accidents that did not end well. To score a double as well is fantastic.

Oldtimr 11-25-2019 08:53 AM

Glad you are both still navigating, and the two deer was the icing on the lucky cake.

CalHunter 11-25-2019 02:28 PM

Glad you're both okay and neat on the double.

rockport 11-27-2019 04:58 AM

Thanks guys, we were very lucky to be able to continue our hunt. My daughter says her mind was wandering and thinking about the hunt, I hope she learned how quick things can go bad if you don't pay attention to what is going on around you.

rlpsystems 12-03-2019 03:08 AM

Congrats on the deer and making it out. Next year I guess we’ll see pictures of your new razor. Merry Christmas