HuntingNet.com Forums

HuntingNet.com Forums (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/)
-   Whitetail Deer Hunting (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/whitetail-deer-hunting-4/)
-   -   Hunting partner - what to do (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/whitetail-deer-hunting/422100-hunting-partner-what-do.html)

Bocajnala 11-05-2019 03:35 PM

Originally Posted by Jack Ryan (Post 4364022)
So you were OK with all that when you needed his help?

Did you ever hunt his land with him in his hunting spots before you got your own?

We're only getting one side of the story here. But if the story is accurate: there is no justification for that behavior, period.

Stealing a stand is stealing a stand. Whether somebody needed or got help or not.

-Jake

Oldtimr 11-05-2019 03:47 PM

Did you ever hunt his land with him in his hunting spots before you got your own?

Actually it would appear he didn't need his fair weather friends help, his so-called friend needed him. The guy is a puke and a user, the OP doesn't need him.

elkman30 11-05-2019 04:46 PM

So what happened?

huntingva0004 11-05-2019 05:08 PM

I can see where you are coming from. However I never asked for his help, I just mentioned that I have learned from him some, but this is because he always wanted to tag along.

What finally set me off about this, which I forget to mention earlier. We were bow hunting and so our stands are about 80yds off. He texted me not to rattle, but I could hear him rattling. Like I said before, I had a very nice buck on camera which is why I think he told me

mrbb 11-05-2019 05:36 PM

likeI stated before, you DON"T need him telling you what to do on your land(be it your parents or< its NOT his)

be different if he was explaining WHY you shouldn;t do something , as in TEACHING you, but just because he doesn;t want you to do something, is just wrong and NOT very nice, nor helping you at all, he is trying to fill HIS tags and NOT your's

I doubt you had to twist his arm to teach you anything, odds are he volunteered his help
so, you DON"T own him anything, you already gave him LOST of access to land, he apparently doesn;'t appreciate!

I would sit him down and explain your side, and see what he says,m if he gets upset, tell him, GOODBYE< you don;t need his help anymore, nor his company hunting your land, and he should go else where in the future!

doesn;t have to be mean or nasty, just be honest!

Jack Ryan 11-05-2019 06:42 PM

Well I had somebody I'd had enough of one time. I just told him "We're done. Thats it. Good luck, but don't call me. Don't come over. Don't give me nothing and don't ask for nothing."

Anything less than blunt straight out plain spoken and they are always wondering what they did (I don't care, we ARE DONE). They want to patch it up (I don't want it and I don't have any of what you want for you). Call... blah blah blah worse than a jilted girlfriend.

Jack Ryan 11-05-2019 06:50 PM

Originally Posted by Bocajnala (Post 4364025)
We're only getting one side of the story here. But if the story is accurate: there is no justification for that behavior, period.

Stealing a stand is stealing a stand. Whether somebody needed or got help or not.

-Jake

The way I read/remember it, didn't sound like any stealing. Him and his friend found a stand some trespasser gave away. His ex friend put it in his own car when they left and I didn't hear any declarations the OP cared or wanted to keep it. Probably let his ex friend carry it all the way out of the woods, put it in his car and take it home. Now he is practicing his break up lines on the internet he wishes HE had it.

Champlain Islander 11-06-2019 02:48 AM

Sounds like it is time to limit who gets to hunt your land. The 2 turkey thing would have done it for me. No I in team and he is all about himself. Getting and keeping a good like minded hunting partner is often difficult. I had a good one but he became "ethically challenged" and I couldn't spend any time with him after that.

wallhangr 11-06-2019 03:42 AM

Yep, time to move on. IF you would invite someone else on to this property, have a set of rules in mind and explain them before that person hunts and make sure they agree to abide by them. I've been lucky to have a good small group to hunt with over the years. Usually they even know where all my stands are, but I may not tell them exactly where I saw that big buck;)

Mickey Finn 11-06-2019 06:26 AM

Everybody here is right. Friends don't walk all over, and use each other. So I guess technically, it would be wrong to wait until he puts the food plot in next spring to run him off.

Good luck this season either way it goes!