Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > General Hunting Forums > Whitetail Deer Hunting
Best spot to hunt on this location. >

Best spot to hunt on this location.

Community
Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

Best spot to hunt on this location.

Old 10-22-2019, 06:23 PM
Spike

Originally Posted by younggun308
Wrb00, The only thing tripping me up is that I'm not sure how the property line and the topo overlap. As in, where's the field? Perhaps if you could do the orange overlay on it I could speak more definitively.

But I would still think that the NE corner of the field would be the likely entry point for a lot of deer that may even be bedded off the property.
Would any of these three spots work? I have the terrain map after looking at the topo. The one on the bottom is looking down a hill or valley with a stream running through it. The top one is from your suggestion.
Attached Thumbnails Best spot to hunt on this location.-screenshot_20191022-212104.jpg  

Last edited by Wrb00; 10-22-2019 at 06:25 PM.
Old 10-22-2019, 06:28 PM
Spike

Wrb00, The only thing tripping me up is that I'm not sure how the property line and the topo overlap. As in, where's the field? Perhaps if you could do the orange overlay on it I could speak more definitively.

But I would still think that the NE corner of the field would be the likely entry point for a lot of deer that may even be bedded off the property.
Would any of these work? The bottom point is looking down a into a hill where a stream runs through it. The second is what I think you're pointing out, and the third, well I don't know why.
Attached Thumbnails Best spot to hunt on this location.-screenshot_20191022-212104.jpg  
Old 10-22-2019, 06:41 PM
Nontypical Buck

Give me side-by-side maps that have equal zoom and centering. I am simply lost, otherwise, sorry. Your last 3-location map seems to be really zoomed in (and I think that made the topo lines disappear, too).
Old 10-22-2019, 06:57 PM
Spike

Would any of these work? The bottom point is looking down a into a hill where a stream runs through it. The second is what I think you're pointing out, and the third, well I don't know why.
Attached Thumbnails Best spot to hunt on this location.-screenshot_20191022-215631.jpg   Best spot to hunt on this location.-screenshot_20191022-215643.jpg  
Old 10-23-2019, 12:46 AM
Spike

Hi,I think your in WI The way I would start to hunt this land is to go out at noon and scout along fields and into woods say 100 yards or so playing the wind as I go (mean in your face as much as possible). Look for trails leading to the fields you think there feeding in.Pack a light climber stand and try to go undetected.If say I find some scrapes or a rub line I would hunt one of those that night.If I find a fresh scrape ( one made that morning of the day of 1st scouting) I some times don't hunt the fresh scrape until the next morning.Maybe look for a spot along fields to put out a buck decoy but I bet you find some scrapes. Don't be afraid to rattle and grunt as bucks in Ohio are Pre rut right now.If you find many trails that go into one before it goes in the field that would be a good spot.If alot of people are hunting adjacent land find spots where deer will be pushed to you.Been deer hunting a while wish I could go with you to help out?I've been hunting for 45 years and have got a few . I love hunting this time of year best of all before the guns go off. Jim
Old 10-23-2019, 03:40 AM
Spike

Originally Posted by JIMSWHIM
Hi,I think your in WI The way I would start to hunt this land is to go out at noon and scout along fields and into woods say 100 yards or so playing the wind as I go (mean in your face as much as possible). Look for trails leading to the fields you think there feeding in.Pack a light climber stand and try to go undetected.If say I find some scrapes or a rub line I would hunt one of those that night.If I find a fresh scrape ( one made that morning of the day of 1st scouting) I some times don't hunt the fresh scrape until the next morning.Maybe look for a spot along fields to put out a buck decoy but I bet you find some scrapes. Don't be afraid to rattle and grunt as bucks in Ohio are Pre rut right now.If you find many trails that go into one before it goes in the field that would be a good spot.If alot of people are hunting adjacent land find spots where deer will be pushed to you.Been deer hunting a while wish I could go with you to help out?I've been hunting for 45 years and have got a few . I love hunting this time of year best of all before the guns go off. Jim
Thank you for the info I'll use when out in the field.