HuntingNet.com Forums

HuntingNet.com Forums (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/)
-   Whitetail Deer Hunting (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/whitetail-deer-hunting-4/)
-   -   Signs my Stealth Cam Wireless May have been stolen? (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/whitetail-deer-hunting/421864-signs-my-stealth-cam-wireless-may-have-been-stolen.html)

Rambo222 10-02-2019 08:55 PM

Signs my Stealth Cam Wireless May have been stolen?

I have had my stealth cam wireless for a little over a month. It has worked just fine until today, I have it set for photos to upload to the app at 9 in the evening and morning. The last photo I received today was at 2:42 PM but the pic only showed my feeder, absolutely no pics after that and it also didn’t send me the test pic at 9 it was supposed too. I have been getting pics in the evening every single day so it’s highly unlikely that was the case. App shows my battery life is still around 100% and shows I still have service. Is there anyway of knowing it has been turned off by looking at the app?

dpv 10-05-2019 04:56 PM

I'm following along, just because I find it curious. Perhaps it malfunctioned.

mrbb 10-05-2019 06:12 PM

maybe the battery went dead?
I know yrs back when I first tried the wireless cam's
, mine would go thru a set of battery's every 2-3 days IF that, (all depended on how many pic's it sent, sometimes, would go dead in one day if a lot of pic's
and I couldn;t use it as IS over a feeder, would never make it thru a day on stock battery set up)
I ended up adding a solar panel and a larger exterior battery, and that solved it, but it sure sucked down battery's sending pic's

CalHunter 10-06-2019 10:40 AM

You'll never know for sure what happened or didn't until you go check your game cams. I realize that's not what you expected to do with wireless game cams but at this point, you need to figure out what's going on with the cams. Your OP post didn't state if the cams are on public property, private property, behind a locked gate, etc. That may give you a better idea of what to expect.

Oldtimr 11-29-2019 09:28 AM

The OP was Oct 3, it is now Nov 29 and no further information from the OP. I would have thought he would have checked the camera by now.

CalHunter 11-29-2019 10:01 AM

I was thinking the same thing. Could just be a dead battery issue but we'll never know until he posts an update. it's almost 2 months now which is a very long time to wait on checking your game cam if you think it may have been stolen. For the record, I hope his camera wasn't stolen and it's something easy to fix like dead batteries.

elkman30 11-29-2019 10:13 AM

I don't have that particular camera but would imagine the app would show if the camera has been turned off if the app also shows battery life and signal strength. Now I'm curious.

Bocajnala 12-20-2019 03:25 AM

Slide,

Keep the links out of your post. I don't know if you're doing them intentionally or if they are getting put in cause you're using a mobile device or something. But keep them out. One warning.

-Jake