Community
Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

ScentLok suits?

Old 11-04-2003, 08:49 PM

Default ScentLok suits?

I purchased about $300 of Scentlok gear before this hunting season and I wonder if it was a good investment. I have used it during archery season and was winded a couple of times. I' m not sure if I am having more faith in this stuff than I should. I have tried some cover scents in the past and they seem to work just as good. Was it a waste of money??
Old 11-04-2003, 08:55 PM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: ScentLok suits?

If you were winded while wearing it you answered your own question.
Old 11-04-2003, 09:14 PM
Typical Buck

Default RE: ScentLok suits?

J:
I have been absolutely pleased with mine. I bought a Scent blocker rainjacket and a pair of Scent blocker pull over pants. I have on 3 different occasions had deer come in directly downwind from me, and have yet have one to snort or blow at me as they usually do when they catch your scent. Some things that I do to help: I always spray the outside of my Scent blocker camo with scentkiller spray before i leave my truck to walk to my stand. I also always shower with the HS green soap, and use the HS deoderant in the morning as i prepare for my hunt. I also always soak my boot bottoms with scent killer as well. I don' t touch any brush as i walk to my stand, and I always try to walk where I think deer won' t, when placing my stand on the tree. You probably know this, but it bears mentioning, you have to put your scentlok suit in the dryer on high for about 10 minutes or so to activate the charcoal in them. I also use the Scentkiller brand detergent made specifically for charcoal based scent suppressing suits. I' m NOT a rep for any brand of scent blocking suits, but I DO believe they work. If you' re trying all of this and still think you' re being winded by deer, I would suggest a thorough spraying of all of your hunting equipment....Hat, gloves, face mask, portable stand, etc.

Hope I helped you a bit.....

GH