Community
Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

Anti hunters vs hunters

Old 03-04-2019, 07:35 AM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by Mickey Finn
$.02 well spent.

What doesn't money ruin? Like Cal said, some guys are not doing us any favors when they post their activities for all to see. I'm old school and don't talk or post many pics about fish and game I've taken. Some go to the taxidermist and all go to the freezer.

The anti's are motivated more by emotion than science? But what is the guy who spends a lot of money to get a large set of antlers motivated by? I think it's emotions as well. Look at what I myself just posted. Don't you think I shared that with a certain amount of pride? I did.

We are all of us under the microscope and rather then go underground lets focus on doing our sport proud. I'll admit to being a big fan of fur on the tailgate pics. But pictures of a proud and smiling hunter with his game posed in a dignified manner is really what we should be aiming for when we share.

That's my point zero-two.
I think most ungulate antler trophy hunters are mostly guided by there instinct. Based upon thousands of years of hunting, not only for meat, sinew and hides, but for the large set of antlers that some ungulates have --- Old caveman and tribes up to the present...transformed the antlers into tools such as spoons, knives, awls, pins, fish hooks, needles, flakers, hide scrapers and beamers. They made musical rasps, flutes and whistles as well as toys of bone.

A nice set of medium sized antlers. freshly harvested from an ungulate such a deer...is an important tool for the hunter --- Such a ratttlin' in a buck or a doe during the rut.
Old 03-04-2019, 10:56 AM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by Erno86
I think most ungulate antler trophy hunters are mostly guided by there instinct. Based upon thousands of years of hunting, not only for meat, sinew and hides, but for the large set of antlers that some ungulates have --- Old caveman and tribes up to the present...transformed the antlers into tools such as spoons, knives, awls, pins, fish hooks, needles, flakers, hide scrapers and beamers. They made musical rasps, flutes and whistles as well as toys of bone.

A nice set of medium sized antlers. freshly harvested from an ungulate such a deer...is an important tool for the hunter --- Such a ratttlin' in a buck or a doe during the rut.
To be honest, bragging rights probably go back to the beginning as well.
It's mostly how we display our trophy's and how we conduct ourselves as sportsmen and women. At least that's what I was trying to convey. That and understanding your opponent increases the odds of a successful interaction.
Old 03-07-2019, 04:30 PM
Spike

Lots of great stuff being said here
Old 03-08-2019, 05:01 AM
Spike

They are also fond of the mythical, so-called, balance in nature. It doesn't exist, nature is cycles of overpopulation, underpopulation, under predation and over predation, with starvation and disease thrown into the mix.
This is something I've preached for a long time. "Succession" is a more natural pattern than "sustainability." Nature is always ebbing and flowing. Everything grows, lives, and dies. There is no "balance."
Old 03-08-2019, 09:29 AM
Nontypical Buck

Is it me or is the OP just posting links with 1-liner comments so the topic keeps rolling and provides a searchable link for him? I'm not trying to be so cynical but it's hard to ignore when a good discussion develops and the OP doesn't participate.
Old 03-08-2019, 10:08 AM
Super Moderator

The OPs post generated 15 comments, many of them with good stuff in them, with over 300 views so far.

I, also, would like to see more replies from the OP and more responses.

​​​​ But I'm ok with a post that generates responses and hundreds of views.

-Jake