Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > General Hunting Forums > Whitetail Deer Hunting
Help finding crown land (Southwestern Ontario) >

Help finding crown land (Southwestern Ontario)

Community
Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

Help finding crown land (Southwestern Ontario)

Old 01-09-2019, 08:12 PM
Spike

Default Help finding crown land (Southwestern Ontario)

Hello everyone,
I've been using the Crown land use policy atlas on the Ontario.ca website, and it is useful for finding crown land and what activity is permitted on that specific land. BUT for some reason, the legend shows ALL of Southwestern Ontario as "private land". I know this to be absolute nonsense because I've been hunting there my whole life, and half the time that was on public crown land. Specifically between Essex to London. Can anyone tell me a reliable resource for finding crown (general use) land in southwestern Ontario? Because Ontario.gov seems adamant on withholding information...
Thank you!
Old 01-10-2019, 03:26 AM
Dominant Buck

I was under the impression that southwestern Ontario in the area closest to the USA was almost all private land. The vast tracts of Crown Land I hunted were up north near Dryden. We bought maps that detailed the private and crown land borders.