Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

Getting buck out during day

Old 11-13-2018, 03:52 PM
Spike

Default Getting buck out during day

Hey guys I知 a first time hunter and finally get to hunt this year. I知 going after a whitetail buck on private land. I catch the buck every night in my cam but only at night. The problem is i am not hunting on very large land so I can稚 move much. I have a great spot that is almost on the edge of my property so I can not move over to where I believe he is. I know there is plenty of doe in the day time right at my spot. I was wondering if there is any tips on getting him out when season starts in about 2 weeks. Thank you.
Old 11-14-2018, 04:10 AM
Giant Nontypical

Bone it where it hits the ground and bring it out on a packframe.
Old 11-14-2018, 04:27 AM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by flags
Either that or just gut him and drag him out as quickly as you can and by the shortest route, if you need to leave it whole. There will be disturbance, but if your deer live on the land you're hunting, they'll be back.
Old 11-14-2018, 04:56 AM
Nontypical Buck

I've had pretty good luck with a Doe in heat bleat. early rut. They say it also works for late rut, but I've never tried it. The trick is timing and duration of the bleat. 3/4 or 1/2 an hour before legal sunset in the evening. The object is to get the Buck moving before sundown. Don't overdo it, a double bleat with a thirty seconds pause between bleats with long pauses 5-10 minutes between repeats. If the Buck doesn't show up within three retries you can pretty much forget it. If they are within a quarter mile it's likely they will show some interest. If your lucky they will come charging in to have a look. I don't need a caller, I do a pretty good imitation without one.
One oddity is I've had some big ones show up later in the morning as it starts to warm up. I'd give it try near the end of my normal hunting hours 10 AM or even later, kind of a why not last try type thing, that has paid off occasionally.
Works out better if you've heard an actual Doe in heat bleating, you can get the duration and timing right. Don't overdo it, think pleading not manic.
The best Buck I ever got was at 3 PM on a warm afternoon. A Doe had been standing right on top of a bald hill bleating for attention most of the morning and into the afternoon and yes I did let him finish first.
Old 11-14-2018, 05:15 AM
Nontypical Buck

It probably wouldn't be too late to use a "doe in heat" scent.
Old 11-14-2018, 06:11 AM
Fork Horn

golden estrus and a hot doe decoy--if he does not come out to play he is gay !
Old 11-14-2018, 07:22 AM
Spike

Okay thanks for the tips guys! I知 planning on going the 30th which is the first weekend of open season firearm in Kansas. When would be the optimal time to use the attractants?
Old 11-14-2018, 01:53 PM
Dominant Buck

Originally Posted by flags
I think his terminology was a little vague flags. Think he was talking about getting him out (leaving) of his sanctuary which is off from his land. If that is the case and there are does around it is a waiting game. If the rut comes when you hunt he will be all over all the blocks of land daily.
Old 11-14-2018, 04:43 PM
Nontypical Buck

its never easy to lure a older buck out of its cover in day time, , if you cannot get far enough back to where he is at in day time, unless pressure from someone OFF your side of things moves him, odds are he ain;t coming to your area till dark, unless, its gets VERY cold,a storm is coming, and he feels a need to feed before a storm/bad weather

IF legal, you can TRY adding bait to LURE him to better food, but even that doesn' t always work, as a smarter older deer knows itc an still come at dark and food will be there still
they DON"T get older and larger by being dumb!

pray for colder weather than makes him feed sooner??
other wise your just going to have to HOPE he comes out sooner, if you cannor move to where he is at in day time!
nature of the game sadly!
Old 11-14-2018, 04:44 PM
Nontypical Buck

OH and once rifle season opens and guns start going BOOM BOO BOOM< MOST bucks DON"T care about love, and scents don't really work IMO< there in safety mode looking to survive, not make love!
you will just be wasting your $$ on doe in heat scent, unless you on a LOT of land where pressure is VERY VERY low!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.