Community
Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

Scent Suppressors Do Expire

Old 09-27-2018, 11:45 AM
Typical Buck

I've worn the deodorant in august dug a bait hole, wet with sweat, and I couldn't smell me. While I realize deer got a better nose ,it's still got to help.

I wash my clothes too. Though giving a 2nd rinse and hanging on line for a week is probably same. I don't wash my wool unless it was being used for other stuff and bad.
Old 10-02-2018, 05:26 AM
Super Moderator

I use scent killing products and never new they expired although it crossed my mind. I will have to go check my bottles tonight after work to look for a date. Man that will suck cause I stocked up with the end of season sales
Old 10-02-2018, 07:00 PM
Spike

Originally Posted by kellyguinn
I use scent killing products and never new they expired although it crossed my mind. I will have to go check my bottles tonight after work to look for a date. Man that will suck cause I stocked up with the end of season sales
That's what I did too. My local Academy Sports had DDW on clearance at the end of the season for $2 a bottle. Couldn't pass that up, I bought like eight or nine. Keep in mind, I'll say "most" of the bottles don't have expiration dates on them. None of the several brands I've checked do, but I'm sure there's a company or two that does print it on them.
Old 10-03-2018, 02:52 PM
Typical Buck

Those are good sales. They will give you little bit off around here. But they keep hunting stuff on shelf year round.