HuntingNet.com Forums

HuntingNet.com Forums (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/)
-   Whitetail Deer Hunting (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/whitetail-deer-hunting-4/)
-   -   Scent Suppressors Do Expire (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/whitetail-deer-hunting/419187-scent-suppressors-do-expire.html)

Oldtimr 09-26-2018 06:02 PM

Berserker, you must have a bad reading comprehension problem or you just cannot read. Nowhere in my post did I say a thing about stinky clothes.

Berserker 09-26-2018 06:37 PM

Originally Posted by Berserker (Post 4342647)

I try playing wind but I .

Originally Posted by Oldtimr (Post 4342672)
Wrong again, ever hear of the breeze or wind? .

Originally Posted by Oldtimr (Post 4342706)
Berserker, you must have a bad reading comprehension problem or you just cannot read..

Ya I can read.

I also cut spruce branches or small trees and put them by me. Will put them I blind week before. Maybe cut some during the season.

Berserker 09-26-2018 06:41 PM

Working the wind works when deer travel where they are told to. Good to have multiple spots. Not always easy. I do. But still not every deer enters at the correct degree angle from the wind, with respect to your plan.

elkman30 09-26-2018 06:56 PM

So after reading this entire topic, my take away is that some people spray stuff on their clothes to block their scent, some eat breath mints to sneak up on deer and others are willing to take longer shots? :D

Bocajnala 09-27-2018 05:29 AM

I've stopped using scentscent entirely and still kill deer every year.

But I'm not after big bucks.

-Jake

Berserker 09-27-2018 06:33 AM

As I said you don't need it. But as I also tell the old duffs when they balk at GPS, you can have more then one tool in your tool box.

I hang clothes outside. Wash clothes start of season. Store in totes with cedar. Try to play the wind , but that is not guaranteed.

if I spend $10 a year, I can live with it. I

MikesCustomLures 09-27-2018 07:45 AM

Originally Posted by Berserker (Post 4342754)
As I said you don't need it. But as I also tell the old duffs when they balk at GPS, you can have more then one tool in your tool box.

I hang clothes outside. Wash clothes start of season. Store in totes with cedar. Try to play the wind , but that is not guaranteed.

if I spend $10 a year, I can live with it. I

Well put Berserker. The turn this thread took is exactly why I typed that whole first paragraph. It's clear that some people didn't read it, they just saw the title and had to give their opinion. I too have killed deer with street clothes on, there's a myriad of "techniques" available to all of us. Regardless of how each of us chooses to hunt, one fact remains the same: I was merely sharing what the manufacturers shared with me.

KONK 09-27-2018 09:28 AM

Interesting topic. One would think that if there was a shelf life for all these scent elimination sprays that the manufactures would be all over that to get hunters to replenish their supply. But I see no expiration date on any of these products.

rogerstv 09-27-2018 10:23 AM

Originally Posted by Oldtimr (Post 4342672)
Wrong again, ever hear of the breeze or wind? If you do not think your breath carries on the wind, the same as the odors from your clothes of firearm or bow, you don't know much.

And, you know it all. Are you a mouth breather out there huffing and puffing?

MikesCustomLures 09-27-2018 10:51 AM

Originally Posted by KONK (Post 4342774)
Interesting topic. One would think that if there was a shelf life for all these scent elimination sprays that the manufactures would be all over that to get hunters to replenish their supply. But I see no expiration date on any of these products.

That's exactly what I thought! I looked at the bottles I had before throwing them away, 3 or 4 manufacturers, and none of them had expiration dates. Some have the batch numbers to tell when they were made but that's it.

DDW did make a point to tell me that their sprays were the only thing that had a shelf life. They said their soap, shampoo, etc wouldn't expire.