Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > General Hunting Forums > Whitetail Deer Hunting
*Please Read* Any Tips, Or Locations For Hunting Would Help Thank You. >

*Please Read* Any Tips, Or Locations For Hunting Would Help Thank You.

Community
Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

*Please Read* Any Tips, Or Locations For Hunting Would Help Thank You.

Old 08-08-2018, 04:27 PM
Spike

Default *Please Read* Any Tips, Or Locations For Hunting Would Help Thank You.

Hello My Name Is Hunter,

I Just Moved To Wyoming From Florida Due To Me Being In The Air Force. I’m Stationed At FE Warren AFB In Cheyenne. I’ve Been Hunting All My Life, And With Hunting Season Coming Up Would Like To Get Some Ideas On Where I Could Go For Whitetail, Waterfowl, Elk, Etc. If Anyone Has Land, Or A Hunt Club That I Could Hunt For A Fee I Would Love To Do That Aswell. Also I Can Hunt Coyotes, Pigs, Coons, Any Rodent That You Want Gone From Your Property. Thank You For You’re Time, And Any Tips You Give Me Is Greatly Appreciated!

Have A Great Day!
Old 08-08-2018, 04:49 PM
Typical Buck

Is there any WY hunting forums? Lots of state have them. Some forums have areas dedicated to certain states too. Not saying to go some place else, but some place with more WY traffic may help you out.

Also never know if people want to give you to much info on where they hunt. Though being a transient in the military they may be more helpful.. People will often give general info either way.

There are maps you can buy for Garmin that tells you property is public and private. Xtreme hunt maybe. Cabela sells them. I once bought book from sporting good store and wrote in it while talking to clerk.
Old 08-08-2018, 04:52 PM
Giant Nontypical

Welcome to the board! Sorry I can't help you up in Wyoming, but we have a few folks on here that are from that area that might be able to give you some help! Good luck!
Old 08-08-2018, 05:21 PM
Spike

Originally Posted by Berserker
Is there any WY hunting forums? Lots of state have them. Some forums have areas dedicated to certain states too. Not saying to go some place else, but some place with more WY traffic may help you out.

Also never know if people want to give you to much info on where they hunt. Though being a transient in the military they may be more helpful.. People will often give general info either way.

There are maps you can buy for Garmin that tells you property is public and private. Xtreme hunt maybe. Cabela sells them. I once bought book from sporting good store and wrote in it while talking to clerk.
That Was Going To Be My Next Move is WY Hunt Forums, And Go To The Hunting Stores Around Me. But Thank You For The Information!
Old 08-08-2018, 05:23 PM
Spike

Originally Posted by JagMagMan
Welcome to the board! Sorry I can't help you up in Wyoming, but we have a few folks on here that are from that area that might be able to give you some help! Good luck!
Thank you!
Old 08-08-2018, 05:25 PM
Typical Buck

I would try google WY hunt forum, and WY deer forum. You may find ones just for WY. Might find XXXX hunting with WY/MT section, as I see MI/WI and MI sportsman forum.
Old 08-19-2018, 12:16 PM
Fork Horn

A lot of military bases allow hunting...I would inquire there for starters. I am a long ways from Wyoming, so cant offer any advice for your location, but I would think if you stopped in at the local gun shops/ sportsmans clubs and inquired about local public land access they would steer you in the right direction. The more you network on base and socialize of course, will help you meet like minded individuals.
Old 08-21-2018, 08:22 AM
Nontypical Buck

Wyoming Game and Fish Department website is very informative. Need to know the rules and regulations first and foremost. Lots of public hunting in Wyoming. If you are seeking someone to say "come hunt with me" on this website, good luck.Best bet is to find a local or, as suggested, a more specific forum.