Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

Fawns

Old 07-08-2018, 04:40 PM
Spike

Default Fawns

I am wondering when do does have there fawns, i have trail cam up i only seen one fawn on cam 6/17.18 at 1130am i have lots does on cam and bucks i thought i see fawns as well i am in Mn.
Old 07-09-2018, 02:20 AM
Nontypical Buck

June 1 is the peak of fawning around here. Been seeing them for weeks. Your camera may not be in the right spot.
Old 07-09-2018, 08:21 AM
Giant Nontypical

I have been seeing fawns for more than a month here in TX
Old 07-09-2018, 09:07 AM
Typical Buck

a lot of times if a fawn is still nursing a doe will leave it hidden when she goes to feed. you should start seeing then shortly.
Old 07-09-2018, 01:46 PM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by Mr. Slim
a lot of times if a fawn is still nursing a doe will leave it hidden when she goes to feed. you should start seeing then shortly.
I was thinking the same thing. They tend to avoid the thick brush and park their Fawn in high grass or weeds.
Old 07-19-2018, 08:10 PM
Spike

Well, its different for all of us depending on what part of the region your in, your weather conditions and when your rut is. If you know when your rut is, then fawns should be dropping roughly 6 1/2 months later (200 days). Some may drop later if they were not bred during the 1st rut cycle. Here in Ga they usually drop from May-July. The reason your not seeing them could be a number of reason. Wrong camera location, they are still too young to travel with mom, they didn't survive/haven't dropped, or the deer are not using your property this time of year. Deer patterns change with the season basically. Did/have you had pregnant does on cam?

good luck