Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > General Hunting Forums > Whitetail Deer Hunting
How to get started with absolutely no prior experience >

How to get started with absolutely no prior experience

Community
Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

How to get started with absolutely no prior experience

Old 06-12-2018, 09:19 AM
Spike

Originally Posted by flags
If you move from the Land of Fruits, Flakes and Nuts to my beloved home state of CO make sure you LEAVE CA IN CA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Nothing makes people madder in CO than having a bunch of transplants from CA trying to turn CO into CA.
Heh, I hear this a lot and, from someone who's frustrated with California, I don't see that being an issue.

That said, when you say that, anything in particular you're referring to? Or are we just talking about the classic cliches that everyone projects on californians? I'm guessing this is probably from experience dealing with Californians in Colorado but I would be interested in getting more specifics (as I said, I've heard this several times when I used to live in Colorado and it seemed to be a fairly popular sentiment but no one I've talked to could actually back it with any specifics).
Old 06-13-2018, 09:19 AM
Giant Nontypical

Originally Posted by BoobDole
Heh, I hear this a lot and, from someone who's frustrated with California, I don't see that being an issue.

That said, when you say that, anything in particular you're referring to? Or are we just talking about the classic cliches that everyone projects on californians? I'm guessing this is probably from experience dealing with Californians in Colorado but I would be interested in getting more specifics (as I said, I've heard this several times when I used to live in Colorado and it seemed to be a fairly popular sentiment but no one I've talked to could actually back it with any specifics).
1) Nobody in CO cares how you do things in CA. That is something every transplant from CA wants to tell the CO natives: "In CA we did it this way." We don't care.

2) If you love CA, stay there. I have had several transplants tell me how much they loved the beaches etc... in CA. Well go back there then.

3) Nobody in CO cares how much your house brought in CA when you sell it.

4) Hollywood isn't in CO. If you are in love with the whole Hollywood scene, stay in CA.

5) Nobody in CO wants to live in CA so don't try to change the place into CA.
Old 06-28-2018, 08:07 AM
Spike

Personally I recommend you the next:
  1. Visit hunting forums - in this way you'd get many insights and useful information;
  2. Check hunting websites - using them, you can get a basic information, find useful guides etc. For example, you can check Under The Open Sky - I found it quite interesting.
  3. Try to find and contact with hunters in your area.