Community
Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

Southern Illinois trip (x5)

Old 07-02-2018, 01:50 PM
Spike

Default Southern Illinois trip (x5)

Hey my fellow Brother Hood of Hunters. I hope all is well and you all are staying cool and dry. Was just needing some help with you guys, f you are familiar with the Southern Illinois area. We have enjoyed going up and visiting the area, the last four years and love everything about it. We really like the people and scenery. Most everybody seems nice. We usually Hunt up around the Carbondale, Murphysboro area. We haven't had much luck at all. We see plenty of deer in the evenings, but that's mostly in yards and fields. We have to hunt the public land, because an outfitter is out of our budget. Honestly, it's not about the kill with me. I love the experience, the smell of the morning air, the solitude that you only get from being in that treestand and the break of day. Seeing Gods creation wake up to a new day. However, with that being said. I was looking for some pointers or different tactics on being more successful. Is there some areas better than others up there? I do all I can with plat books and google maps, but due to the distance cannot put boots on the ground until we get there which is the day of our trip. Should I focus on Hunting the ridges? or In the Bottoms? Basically just looking for some pointers on being more successful. Any pointers you can give will be much appreciated.. God bless.