Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > General Hunting Forums > Whitetail Deer Hunting
 New to Bowhunting and this site >

New to Bowhunting and this site

Community
Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

New to Bowhunting and this site

Old 10-30-2003, 10:07 PM

Default New to Bowhunting and this site

Just want to say hello. Am new to hunting, bow and gun, have done so in the past with a camera but have decided to join my boyfriend in pursuit of the majestic whitetail. Have seen some but not taken a shot yet. Small bucks. Lots of does, usually out of range or several with babies right under my stand my very first morning out. Was too awestruck to try to shoot. Amazed they never made me. Just watched to learn their movements. Go out every other weekend when they let me off work and practice at the target almost everyday. I' m enjoying the learning process to using a bow. Alot more to it than I thought. I believe I' m learning it the right way from the start--practice-practice-practice. Extreme scent control. Management--let the young ones grow up for next year.
And I' m learning alot from the posts I read here. Thanks for sharing.Hope to share my deer soon.
Old 10-31-2003, 05:24 AM

Default RE: New to Bowhunting and this site

WELCOME ABOARD, THE JOHN DEER TRAIN IS HERE AND ALL ARE WELCOME>>>.

Anyway, this and some of the other message boards are great to visit since you will learn something and help you with hunting. I wish my wife had an interest in it to make it a little easier on me when I want to go to the range or do some scouting, or just going hunting. All she ever wants me to do on the weekends is yard work. I work all week and need a little play time on the weekends. I' m the kind of guy that has several projects going at once and I do get some done from clearing out some brush, burning extra boxes in the burn pit, or clearing out some of the woods. I took off from work last Friday since my wife was not feeling well and got the kids off to school. I went hunting at about 10 am to 1 pm and came back had lunch and later went out to my stand at 3 pm till dark and I only saw a spike. Saturday was the last day or early muzzleloader and I couldn' t go out since I had many things to do. Anyway, after my son' s soccer game, I had about 45 minutes of light left and I went out to my stand. A buck and 4 does came in a I shot the largest doe. My wife had me do some penance since I got one like take my son to church on Sunday.

It' s great that some ladies like yourself have an interest in this sport. The thrill of the hunt is somthing many people never experience and getting that deer, wow what an experience. I hope you get yours soon and chime in whenever you can.

Tomster

Old 10-31-2003, 05:39 AM

Tomster...man I know how you feel. I was in the same boat for 26 years. I had a big loghome that I did most of the work on myself on 5 acres in the country. All I ever did was mow grass and work aroung the house. I just could not take it anymore. There were other thing that lead to the divorce but now I am the happiest that I have ever been in my life. So I know where you are coming from.
Old 10-31-2003, 05:55 AM

Thanks Loghead,

I really love my wife and I have been with her now 21 years and have 2 kids, an 11 and a 13 year old. Both are great kids. Last year I went Bow hunting plus rifle and muzzleloader and was gone almost every weekend from September to January. I did get my share of deer but also a lot of grief. This year I' m just doing the muzzleloading and rifle and we' ll see how that goes. I' m glad she and the kids miss me when I go hunting but it would be a little easier with some support.

Thanks again....

Tomster
Old 10-31-2003, 06:00 AM

Like I said there were a lot of other things involved in the whole mess. The woman that I am engaged to now is totally different. She love squirrel and is dissapointed if I don' t come home with one for her to cook. She is interested in hunting. She won' t go due to the fact that she can' t stand the cold...lol. She loves deer meat and I hope to fill the frezzer in the next couple of weeks. Does your wife know how much you love to hunt. Is there something that she loves to do and if so does she do it??
Old 10-31-2003, 06:03 AM
Boone & Crockett

Nice to meet you and welcome to the forums.
Old 10-31-2003, 06:21 AM
Boone & Crockett

Welcome to the board ladybowhntr, if you have been lurking here for a bit I am sure you have seen there are a lot of good knowledgeable folks here to help you out.
Old 10-31-2003, 07:55 AM

Thanks all,
Looking forward to reading more bits of wisdom. It' s great to learn from your own experiences but it' s better to learn from others!!
Old 10-31-2003, 08:13 AM
Nontypical Buck

Welcome aboard!
Old 10-31-2003, 09:36 AM

Welcome in, It is great to welcome another lady to the wonderful world of hunting. They ain' t nothing like it. I am glad your boyfriend wants you to hunt. Believe it or not where I am from alot of the guys don' t want their ladies hunting or going to hunt camp with them. I guess they need time away from her but it makes no sense to me.

Quick Reply: New to Bowhunting and this site

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.