Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > General Hunting Forums > Whitetail Deer Hunting
Leupold VX3i or Zeiss Conquest HD5 Scope >

Leupold VX3i or Zeiss Conquest HD5 Scope

Community
Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

Leupold VX3i or Zeiss Conquest HD5 Scope

Old 12-10-2017, 07:24 AM
Spike

Default Leupold VX3i or Zeiss Conquest HD5 Scope

If you could get a Zeiss Conquest HD5 3-15x50mm for 570$ (1200$ scope)or a Leupold VX3i 3-10x50mm for 422$ (550$ scope) Which one would you get? I need a scope that will hunt well in low light conditions. One reason, I am leaning towards one of these is due to the heavier duplex which is so much easier for me to see when it gets darker. I prefer a heavy duplex. Thanks, for all the help

Last edited by chriswm24; 12-10-2017 at 02:49 PM.
Old 12-10-2017, 07:55 AM
Nontypical Buck

the Zeiss has a side focus which must be adjusted each shot, just so ya know. both are good scopes for their purpose.
RR
Old 12-10-2017, 01:10 PM
Fork Horn

Zeiss without a doubt. Parallax does not need adjustment on every shot, You can set it at your normal shooting distance and change it for long shots, over 400 if time allows.
Old 12-10-2017, 01:15 PM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by bpd1982
Zeiss without a doubt. Parallax does not need adjustment on every shot, You can set it at your normal shooting distance and change it for long shots, over 400 if time allows.
correct parralex does not, but side focus does.
RR
Old 12-10-2017, 03:11 PM
Fork Horn

Reading the Zeiss operations brochure that scope focus adj. is on the eyepiece. Parallax is on the side.
Old 12-10-2017, 05:17 PM
Spike

Originally Posted by bpd1982
Reading the Zeiss operations brochure that scope focus adj. is on the eyepiece. Parallax is on the side.
Correct the focus adj. is on the eye piece. So you think I would do better with the Zeiss over the Leupold. Only thing I don’t like about the Zeiss is it weights 24.7oz. Shots I make are max 200 yards more like 100.
Old 12-10-2017, 11:49 PM
Nontypical Buck

whatever guys, I shoot a lot with side focus and adjustable objectives, they are not the same.
RR
Old 12-11-2017, 05:48 AM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by chriswm24
Only thing I don’t like about the Zeiss is it weights 24.7oz. Shots I make are max 200 yards more like 100.
If that's it, then you might be over-budgeting (I know some people say that's impossible, and that to suggest one is over-spending on a scope is heresy---but I'll say it, anyway).
At that range, you really don't need much more than clarity, good light transfusion, and the ability to withstand recoil---and you don't even need to break into the $500 category to get it.
A lot of the features you'd be getting in the Zeiss shine at longer ranges, where the expensive scopes stand apart from the competition---it doesn't sound like you'd be getting any use out of those features, unless you enjoy counting hairs on the deer you shoot.
You don't need a 2lb, 1k scope.
Old 12-11-2017, 06:11 AM
Spike

Originally Posted by younggun308
If that's it, then you might be over-budgeting (I know some people say that's impossible, and that to suggest one is over-spending on a scope is heresy---but I'll say it, anyway).
At that range, you really don't need much more than clarity, good light transfusion, and the ability to withstand recoil---and you don't even need to break into the $500 category to get it.
A lot of the features you'd be getting in the Zeiss shine at longer ranges, where the expensive scopes stand apart from the competition---it doesn't sound like you'd be getting any use out of those features, unless you enjoy counting hairs on the deer you shoot.
You don't need a 2lb, 1k scope.

The only reason, I was looking at the Zeiss is cause of the discounted price they have on them. Probably due to a closeout but I’m like you, I don’t believe I would get much use out of its long range features. I do hunt some at longer ranges but not as much as I do at shorter ranges. What scope would you suggest outside of the two I listed that have a heavier duplex? Thanks
Old 12-11-2017, 06:33 AM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by chriswm24
The only reason, I was looking at the Zeiss is cause of the discounted price they have on them. Probably due to a closeout but I’m like you, I don’t believe I would get much use out of its long range features. I do hunt some at longer ranges but not as much as I do at shorter ranges. What scope would you suggest outside of the two I listed that have a heavier duplex? Thanks
This model could be just what you're looking for:
https://www.midwayusa.com/product/13...-7x-33mm-matte . With free shipping.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.