Community
Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

Hunting with an Outfitter

Old 12-05-2017, 08:32 AM
Spike

Default Hunting with an Outfitter

Hello again, back with another question. What are everyone's opinions on outfitters? For someone like me, a total novice who has never been in the field, hunting with an Outfitter seems like the perfect way to get started in hunting. I don't know any other way since I currently don't know any hunters personally.
Old 12-05-2017, 08:46 AM
Super Moderator

The right outfitter could be a great help in your learning if there is no one else to get info from. Make sure it is fully guided so that you can pick their brains.

On the other hand I am not sure where you are located but there are quite a few members on here that would be happy to help you along if you were in their area. Might save ya a few thousand bucks in the process.
Old 12-05-2017, 08:56 AM
Nontypical Buck

It appears member Rockport may outfit whitetail hunts. And , it appears he is a solid option for your needs. Hopefully, he will RSVP or PM you.
Old 12-05-2017, 09:16 AM
Giant Nontypical

Originally Posted by Wyattearple
Hello again, back with another question. What are everyone's opinions on outfitters?
I have no use for them and will only use on if it is required by law in an area I want to hunt.
Old 12-05-2017, 09:37 AM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by rogerstv
It appears member Rockport may outfit whitetail hunts. And , it appears he is a solid option for your needs. Hopefully, he will RSVP or PM you.
Unfortunately I lost a large portion of my property last year when a landowner and long time friend passed away. After taking some time to consider whether I wanted to keep doing it I am on the rebound and will have to work my way back up to having the abundance of land I had. What little I have left is taken with a line of people waiting. Right now I have quite a few long time clients waiting for me to find enough ground to accommodate them.

I appreciate you bringing me up though.

Its a tough business in this part of the country, tough to bid against those who are willing to overbook.
Old 12-05-2017, 09:44 AM
Spike

Originally Posted by rockport
Unfortunately I lost a large portion of my property last year when a landowner and long time friend passed away. After taking some time to consider whether I wanted to keep doing it I am on the rebound and will have to work my way back up to having the abundance of land I had. What little I have left is taken with a line of people waiting. Right now I have quite a few long time clients waiting for me to find enough ground to accommodate them.

I appreciate you bringing me up though.

Its a tough business in this part of the country, tough to bid against those who are willing to overbook.
Good luck to you
Old 12-05-2017, 09:46 AM
Spike

Originally Posted by rogerstv
Thank you for the response
Old 12-05-2017, 10:05 AM
Nontypical Buck

I'll tell you what. If you can find a small land lease in Pike,Scott,greene,jersey,madison or surrounding areas in IL and I will come help you out and get you started.

Last edited by rockport; 12-05-2017 at 10:34 AM.
Old 12-05-2017, 10:31 AM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by flags
I have no use for them and will only use on if it is required by law in an area I want to hunt.
Well that helps the OP. If you have nothing positive to add to a post from a brand new hunter asking for advice, why comment in such a manner ??
Old 12-05-2017, 12:16 PM
Spike

Default STAY AWAY From IMB!!!!!

IMB is a great marketing website but criminal when it comes to truly outfitting. Been twice with them and will NEVER do it again. Terrible service and don’t know anything about the properties they rent. Total cattle call. They bring as many hunters as they can, so the properties are over run constantly. Guides are taxi drivers. They don’t anything about the place. Became friends with a couple of them. They worked only one or two seasons and were sick to their stomach working for them.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.