Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > General Hunting Forums > Whitetail Deer Hunting
Best choice of deer rifle (T3, A7, x-bolt, 11/111, vanguard, etc) >

Best choice of deer rifle (T3, A7, x-bolt, 11/111, vanguard, etc)

Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.
View Poll Results: your choices of rifle
Tikka T3 lite/hunter
12.50%
browning x-bolt
6.25%
weatherby vangaurd 2
31.25%
winchester XPR
6.25%
Sako A7
0%
savage 11/111
6.25%
howa kuiu
6.25%
mossberg patriot
0%
other
31.25%
Voters: 16. You may not vote on this poll

Best choice of deer rifle (T3, A7, x-bolt, 11/111, vanguard, etc)

Old 11-29-2017, 06:24 AM
Spike

Originally Posted by flags
BS. I have been shooting Remingtons for decades. Their triggers are fully adjustable and the lawsuit was BS as well. Get back to me when you have some actual experience with firearms.
Not to completely derail this topic but this needs to be addressed. Believe what you want but it's not BS. Plenty of info out there for those that want to do their own research of the facts. Brand loyalty in rifles seems to be even more ridiculous than trucks....

Below links are directly to Remingtons own website, so it's not like I'm cherry picking info to slam them. There is also plenty of info posted on the 'tube showing these rifles going off on their own when closing the bolt. The "lawyer triggers" are garbage (vs many others at least) and while unfortunate they had to go that route (because of recalls and lawsuits) it doesn't change that fact. This also isn't a blanket statement for all Remingtons ever built and people shouldn't take it so personal.

Recall List

Information on the lawsuit

Last edited by SilverbulletM70; 11-29-2017 at 06:27 AM.
Old 11-29-2017, 06:44 AM
Giant Nontypical

Blah, Blah, Blah. There is a reason that Remington rifles are the platform most of the snipers in both military and police use. The lawsuit is based on people claiming the rifle went off but most of those instances were found to be operator fault. The same thing has happened with every brand of rifle. Remington settled simply because it is cheaper to do so.

Any mass produced item will have the occasional lemon. Nothing new here nor does it mean every Remington is a lemon despite what you claim. I'm more than willing to bet I have more shooting experience than you do with a wider variety of firearm types and brands. Remington makes a quality item period and for you to try and claim otherwise is little more than ignorant.

In my collection right now I have 3 Remington rifles: Model 700 ADL in 7mm Mag, Model 700 Classic in 6.5x55 Swedish and Model 700 Classic in 375 H&H. All have good adjustable triggers and I have tried to make them fire in the way that BS lawsuit claims. Never been able to do so. My late father and brother also shot Model 700 ADLs in 7mm Mag and they never had an issue with them. I have taken more than 60 species of game worldwide with Remingtons and have never had an issue.

You keep your panties in a twist over Remingtons and I'll keep killing game with them. But I'll still use my CZs, Mannlichers, Rugers, Winchesters, Weatherbys etc... along the ways as well.
Old 11-29-2017, 07:08 AM
Spike

Blah, Blah, Blah.

Nothing new here nor does it mean every Remington is a lemon despite what you claim. I'm more than willing to bet I have more shooting experience than you do with a wider variety of firearm types and brands.
Blah, blah, blah?lol Flags, only 1 person seems to have their panties in a bunch right now. "I have more experience than you do...." Jesus man....

Take a breath and actually read what I wrote. I'm not attacking Remington and I'm not attacking you. You like your Remington rifles....good for you! Come down off the soap box for a moment and stop taking/making it personal.
Old 11-29-2017, 07:23 AM
Giant Nontypical

Whatever Dude. Several have mentioned Remington. Only you oppose them. My suggestion to the guy, based on nearly a half a century of hunting in 13 states, 2 canadian provinces, 5 trips to Africa, for 68 different species of game and after 25+ years of active duty service is sound. Feel free to disagree but your opinion is no more valid than mine on the subject.

If you don't like Remingtons, fine. But don't try to tell someone they are a lousy choice. Millions of shooters and hunters (such as myself) will disagree with you. This will be my last post on this thread. You simply are not worth engaging any longer.
Old 11-29-2017, 07:43 AM
Spike

based on nearly a half a century of hunting in 13 states, 2 canadian provinces, 5 trips to Africa, for 68 different species of game and after 25+ years of active duty service is sound.
Since you put it that way, you're right! There is no lawsuit....the modified triggers are the best thing since sliced bread and Remington can do no wrong. Mmmm, Kool-Aid!

Despite what you seem to think, I too love my Model 700 in 30-06 that has been passed down. Of all my rifles, it is hands down my favorite and means the most to me. Thankfully, that was all pre-lawyer trigger days.

Seriously though, congrats on your 25+ years of service and thank you for your service. I will retire in about a year and 20 years will have been enough for me at this point. Over and out.
Old 11-29-2017, 11:12 AM
Typical Buck

Originally Posted by SilverbulletM70
Horrible triggers, lawsuits being settled...best to steer clear for awhile until they get their stuff together....
A lot more information would be nice to prove your point. Have shot Remington's in many forms with no trigger problems.