HuntingNet.com Forums

HuntingNet.com Forums (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/)
-   Whitetail Deer Hunting (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/whitetail-deer-hunting-4/)
-   -   Which stand/blind location is best here? (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/whitetail-deer-hunting/416098-stand-blind-location-best-here.html)

wellis 11-01-2017 09:03 AM

Which stand/blind location is best here?

I am torn on which stand to hunt. i have a small piece of property (10 acres) with access to 4 stands. I am currently bow hunting a mature buck. I have a climber set up near a funnel of game trails, 2 older stands (one that's noisy), hunting blind (where I saw 8 doe last night!). The less noisy stand is where I have a camera set up and have captured many images of mr. big (mostly at night). Please help me choose the best stand or blind!

Best,
Wellis

wellis 11-01-2017 09:11 AM

another good question is...do i hunt right behind where the giant sleeps or do I stick with the blind where I'm seeing the most doe activity?

Thanks,
wellis

rockport 11-01-2017 09:18 AM

Stay on the doe and he will show up. That is your safest bet.

wellis 11-01-2017 09:33 AM

Thanks rockport! That's what I'll do.

SilverbulletM70 11-01-2017 09:42 AM

Originally Posted by rockport (Post 4319600)

Agreed! :happy0001:

TN Lone Wolf 11-01-2017 04:40 PM

Originally Posted by rockport (Post 4319600)

I also agree. If you try to hunt too close to his bedding area and you spook him, you might not see him again.

rockport 11-01-2017 07:40 PM

I will also add that with only 10 acres you really need to pick your spots wisely. I would tread very lightly and only be there when the conditions are just right. Wait for a good wind and a cold front. Small parcels that hold doe can produce massive results but offer very little room for error.

uncle matt 11-02-2017 01:34 AM

Exclude the noisy stand.

wellis 11-03-2017 04:33 PM

So my plan is to wait and hunt the next cold front with the good wind direction.

I hunted the blind location last Wednesday evening, saw 10 doe and a 6 point chasing them. I am afraid that a mature doe has me figured out there as she saw my movement. The other day they also seemed very weary of the blind as they kept good distance.
My question is, do I not hunt in the blind anymore? Or just wait a few days for condition changes?

Thank you for all your great advise!

P.s.., drove by neighbors, across the street, and my target buck was standing in their front yard with 10 doe! Man I've never felt so frustrated haha

rockport 11-04-2017 09:41 PM

It will take them awhile to get used to the blind whether you are in it or not. Just don't get winded. Them doe always think they see or hear something but if she smells you she will trust her nose.