Community
Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

DIY Video Hunts

Old 09-25-2017, 12:15 PM
Spike

Default DIY Video Hunts

Anyone in here enjoy videoing their hunts. Just wondering if they do, why? And what type of set-ups do they use and why?

Last edited by Tyler Adsit; 09-25-2017 at 12:21 PM.
Old 09-27-2017, 11:09 AM
Typical Buck

Originally Posted by Tyler Adsit
Anyone in here enjoy videoing their hunts. Just wondering if they do, why? And what type of set-ups do they use and why?
I either use my iPhone (bow hunting) when with a rifle I use my hand held and attach it to one of the bow tree holder things. Sometimes I set up the tripod I have for the camera in the blind. It is a lot easier shooting the bow with both arms. But sometimes it's just so much to carry the iPhone can be easier at times when you don't have a buddy next to you.
Old 09-28-2017, 02:19 AM
Spike

I'm running a Fourth Arrow Carbon Fiber Arm, Manfrotto MVH500AH fluid head, a Canon XA10 for my main camera, and 3 action cams similar to a GoPro. I picked this setup mainly because of weight, and the camera because of cost at the time. I'm upgrading cameras soon though since there are far better and just as compact of cameras available now vs back when I first bought it.
Old 10-03-2017, 06:45 AM
Spike

How do you like the Fourth Arrow carbon arm? I recently purchased the fourth arrow stiff arm and I am not extremely satisfied with it due to the leveling of the camera when the arm is fully extended. I have used the 3rd arm camera in the past and was happy with the arm and have had it for 6 years but it is bulky and heavy so I thought I'd try something different.
Old 10-03-2017, 07:06 AM
Spike

I've never considered using a phone for filming as the battery life on my phone is not that great but with the newer phones the quality of footage could be there.
Old 10-03-2017, 08:17 PM
Spike

Phone is ok, but definitely put it in airplane mode and shut off wifi so you're not burning battery finding a signal.
Old 10-04-2017, 04:57 AM
Spike

What type of attachment are you buys using to attach you cell phones to your bow?
Old 10-06-2017, 01:07 AM
Spike

Originally Posted by Tyler Adsit
How do you like the Fourth Arrow carbon arm? I recently purchased the fourth arrow stiff arm and I am not extremely satisfied with it due to the leveling of the camera when the arm is fully extended. I have used the 3rd arm camera in the past and was happy with the arm and have had it for 6 years but it is bulky and heavy so I thought I'd try something different.
The first Fourth Arrow arm I bough they had alignment issues with the part that attaches too your fluid head. I found that out when I was having leveling issues, and finally looked very closely at it and noticed a slight offset. I contacted them and they said they had a bad batch come in like that and immediately replaced my arm too include shipping. Now it's perfect. One other thing that may help is adding a second strap to the base. If you're running a heavier camera they sometimes will slip down just enough to offset your level while the cameras already hanging, and you won't notice it till the deer shows up. I'm all about rock solid performance!
Old 10-06-2017, 07:41 AM
Spike

Originally Posted by MissionOutdoors.net
The first Fourth Arrow arm I bough they had alignment issues with the part that attaches too your fluid head. I found that out when I was having leveling issues, and finally looked very closely at it and noticed a slight offset. I contacted them and they said they had a bad batch come in like that and immediately replaced my arm too include shipping. Now it's perfect. One other thing that may help is adding a second strap to the base. If you're running a heavier camera they sometimes will slip down just enough to offset your level while the cameras already hanging, and you won't notice it till the deer shows up. I'm all about rock solid performance!
So far they have worked with me and they are sending me out a new set-up to correct the issue. Hopefully this fixes the issue. Glad that they have been easy to work with so far.
Old 10-06-2017, 09:10 AM
Typical Buck

I've got two handheld cameras - a Sony with 70x zoom and an HD Sanyo - and two action cameras - a GoPro Hero 3 and a Midland XTC-100. I'm going to be utilizing all four of them to try to get good footage this year.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.