Community
Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

2017-2018 Picture Post

Old 11-02-2017, 04:57 PM
Giant Nontypical

http://imageshack.com/a/img923/7067/OJNDB3.jpg

Took this guy last Saturday night at 5:00. Came in dogging a doe, and grunting all the way. Shot was about 15 yards, he never even knew I was there. I have a ton of trail cam pictures of him from this past summer.
http://imageshack.com/a/img922/2162/yj0Vcc.jpg

Last edited by BigDaddy12t; 11-02-2017 at 05:01 PM.
Old 11-03-2017, 04:14 PM
Spike

Awesome deer! congrats
Old 11-13-2017, 07:56 AM
Typical Buck

Tagged out on 11/11/17 at 715am on a 25 yard shot with my Hoyt PowerHawk and Beeman Arrows tipped with G5 t3 mechanicals.

sorry for the blurry thumb...the posting procedure here is different then other sites I visit. Click the blurry thumb and it is much clearer
Attached Thumbnails 2017-2018 Picture Post-image-2017-11-13.jpg  

Last edited by teedub31; 11-13-2017 at 07:58 AM.
Old 11-13-2017, 01:01 PM
Fork Horn

backyard buck..raining this morning so i started not to go..so i sat around and sat around...'bout 15 minutes went by and i told mama i'm goin huntin...went out and i promise , i wasn't there 5 minutes and this brute made my day...40 yds w/my new tikka 260 rem..11th buck i have seen this year
Attached Thumbnails 2017-2018 Picture Post-david-deer-008.jpg  

Last edited by davidg; 11-13-2017 at 01:06 PM.
Old 11-22-2017, 01:30 PM
Nontypical Buck

We have had a good season so far.

Colorado Mulie and Elk
Iowa Whitetail
Vermont Whitetail
Attached Thumbnails 2017-2018 Picture Post-13436d01-ec99-4e22-8b37-c438a5ab4e21.jpg  
Old 12-06-2017, 01:23 PM
Fork Horn

Filling the freezer with the .44
Smith 629 240 gr. A-frames
50 yd shot

Old 12-10-2017, 07:50 PM
Nontypical Buck

My wife and I have been watching this Warrior on game cameras for a few years, but had only seen him in person once inside season, last year, but not long enough to get a shot. I finally got my opportunity last Thursday. The broken tines and main beam, plus the cuts and punctures all over his neck and shoulders tell tales of brutal fighting this fall. He broke off his kicker and his right G4 sometime between Oct 27th and 31st (3rd pic), then broke off half of his left antler - and 3 points along with it - sometime between Monday and Thursday last week. A bit out of normal for me, I used a rifle this season instead of a handgun; a buddy from work built an AR at my shop this summer, then left it with me for storage, and since he's not a hunter, just a steel banger, I told him I was going to put it to good use! Custom Ruger AR-556, 20" 6.5 Grendel running factory Hornady Black 123grn ELD-M's. Hit him at 33yrds, punched the shoulder, cut his heart in half, and turned his lungs into Jello salad. Recovered the bullet under the far side hide, 20yrd run and dump. My taxidermist offered to rebuild his rack based on all of the pictures we have, but I'm planning to leave him just how he was taken, the story is more important to me than the points. Very grateful for the opportunity to bring this big boy home.

Old 12-10-2017, 08:33 PM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by Nomercy448
My wife and I have been watching this Warrior on game cameras for a few years, but had only seen him in person once inside season, last year, but not long enough to get a shot. I finally got my opportunity last Thursday. The broken tines and main beam, plus the cuts and punctures all over his neck and shoulders tell tales of brutal fighting this fall. He broke off his kicker and his right G4 sometime between Oct 27th and 31st (3rd pic), then broke off half of his left antler - and 3 points along with it - sometime between Monday and Thursday last week. A bit out of normal for me, I used a rifle this season instead of a handgun; a buddy from work built an AR at my shop this summer, then left it with me for storage, and since he's not a hunter, just a steel banger, I told him I was going to put it to good use! Custom Ruger AR-556, 20" 6.5 Grendel running factory Hornady Black 123grn ELD-M's. Hit him at 33yrds, punched the shoulder, cut his heart in half, and turned his lungs into Jello salad. Recovered the bullet under the far side hide, 20yrd run and dump. My taxidermist offered to rebuild his rack based on all of the pictures we have, but I'm planning to leave him just how he was taken, the story is more important to me than the points. Very grateful for the opportunity to bring this big boy home.

Man thats a thick antler to break on like that. You must have another beast lurking around.
Old 12-11-2017, 01:41 PM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by rockport
Man thats a thick antler to break on like that. You must have another beast lurking around.
Two of them. One is about as heavy in mass and body, but not quite, as the one I took, pretty typical 11pt. The other is the eldest living of a "tall rack" bloodline we've had for about 8yrs on this property. I expect he's the one who broke this dude, his rack is really high, narrow, and shallow, with bases that look about as big as my elbow. I'll see about getting a pic of him posted - or maybe my wife will get lucky and tag him before the end of archery season.

The battles have been brutal out there this year, I've never had so many bucks on camera with broken tines and antlers. I have a 3yr old 8pt with an entire antler broken off, then this guy breaking an antler in half... I run cattle right next door with a mineral tank, and run mineral blocks all year long to get deer in front of the camera, and I've never had any deficiencies out there, so it has to be a function of big boys banging into each other.
Old 12-11-2017, 02:45 PM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by Nomercy448
Two of them. One is about as heavy in mass and body, but not quite, as the one I took, pretty typical 11pt. The other is the eldest living of a "tall rack" bloodline we've had for about 8yrs on this property. I expect he's the one who broke this dude, his rack is really high, narrow, and shallow, with bases that look about as big as my elbow. I'll see about getting a pic of him posted - or maybe my wife will get lucky and tag him before the end of archery season.

The battles have been brutal out there this year, I've never had so many bucks on camera with broken tines and antlers. I have a 3yr old 8pt with an entire antler broken off, then this guy breaking an antler in half... I run cattle right next door with a mineral tank, and run mineral blocks all year long to get deer in front of the camera, and I've never had any deficiencies out there, so it has to be a function of big boys banging into each other.
I'm sure it is. Ive had a couple bucks over the years that would break the other local bucks up pretty good. Huge dominant bucks with thick compact antlers. The worst two were only 145" inches or so. I finally got one killed and got one of my hunters on the other. They were both very hard to kill.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.