Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

Whitetail Deer Hunting Tips?

Old 09-07-2019, 05:10 AM
Super Moderator

Florida Whitetail Experience

search the words

florida whitetail experience

the link keeps getting deleted

well its a learned skill, but modern technology makes it much easier,
deer need to feel fairly safe and have access to food, they don,t want to be constantly disturbed, but they learn very quickly that most hunters (preditors)
in the case of humans tend to be rather noisy and tend to travel on trails, they learn to move into cover and areas humans avoid like wet areas,
areas bordered by deep creeks and thick brush or bramble thickets, etc.

If you want to get to be effective at hunting youll need too spent a good deal of time out in the field observing,
but you need to know exactly where you are in relation to the areas features and access roads and you need to know how to get back to a specific location.
each area has its quirks and less productive areas, and you need to identify feed, bedding and travel corridors
use an ACCURATE GPS it is you best friend, get a book on what plants local deer prefer,
call and talk to game wardens and the local biologists,
buy a good topo map of the area, buy a decent cheap digital camera and if available fairly recently taken aerial photos of the area
go home and locate a lets say 3 mile square area and divide the area into a grid of lets say 1/8th mile sections,
and label each lets say with letters a-z vertically and 1-27 vertically
now get a note book and you GPS and any time you see anything of interest,
lets say deer, a tree stand, a scrape, road access a heavily used game trail, use the note book,
use that grid and GPS to pinpoint both its location and grid and the time of day and date!
over a few months or ideally, years you'll build a very accurate map detailing where deer were seen,
where and when they travel,and what they feed on,youll learn the best stand locations, bedding areas and game trails, and escape routes

Last edited by hardcastonly; 02-28-2020 at 11:14 AM.
Old 09-18-2019, 04:46 AM
Spike

I still do not dare to hunt deer.
Old 09-29-2019, 06:23 PM
Spike

i usually wait 30 minutes after the shot to begin blood trailing.
Old 09-30-2019, 05:00 AM
Super Moderator

http://www.eregulations.com/florida/...ns-bag-limits/
Florida Whitetail Experience

search the words

florida whitetail experience

the link keeps getting deleted

if your 65 plus years old resident, of Florida
your fees are waved,

(apply for free license and have a drivers license on you if stopped)
but you still require 500 sq inches of hunter orange vest
to hunt MOST areas, in and firearms season

License and permit exemptions
Exemptions from hunting license and permit (including Florida waterfowl, migratory bird, deer, turkey, management area, and archery, crossbow and muzzleloading gun season) requirements are:
  • Persons hunting in their county of residence on their homestead or homestead of their spouse or minor child; or minor child hunting on the homestead of their parents.
  • Florida residents age 65 or older possessing proof of age and residency (a valid Florida Driver License or Florida ID Card meets this requirement) or a Florida Resident 65+ Hunting and Fishing License. Also exempt from furbearer trapping license. Residents age 65 or older may obtain these complimentary hunting and fishing licenses at county tax collectors’ offices and at GoOutdoorsFlorida.com.
  • Florida residents possessing a Florida Resident Persons with Disabilities Hunting and Fishing License. Information for this license is available at MyFWC.com/ADA, and applications can be submitted at GoOutdoorsFlorida.com.
  • Florida residents in the U.S. Armed Services not stationed in Florida, while home on leave with orders for 30 days or less.
  • Children under age 16 (also exempt from federal duck stamps).

Zone A
  • Archery season: Aug. 3 – Sept. 1
  • Crossbow season: Aug. 3 – Sept. 6
  • Muzzleloading gun season: Sept. 7–20
  • Youth deer hunt weekend: Sept. 14–15 1
  • General gun season: Sept. 21 – Oct. 20, Nov. 23 – Jan. 5
Zone B
  • Archery season: Oct. 19 – Nov. 17
  • Crossbow season: Oct. 19 – Nov. 22
  • Muzzleloading gun season: Nov. 23 – Dec. 6
  • Youth deer hunt weekend: Nov. 30 – Dec. 1 1
  • General gun season: Dec. 7 – Feb. 23
Zone C
  • Archery season: Sept. 14 – Oct. 13
  • Crossbow season: Sept. 14 – Oct. 18
  • Muzzleloading gun season: Oct. 19 – Nov. 1
  • Youth deer hunt weekend: Oct. 26–27 1
  • General gun season: Nov. 2 – Jan. 19
Zone D
  • Archery season: Oct. 26 – Nov. 27
  • Crossbow season: Oct. 26 – Nov. 27, Dec. 2–6
  • General gun season: Nov. 28 – Dec. 1, Dec. 14 – Feb. 23
  • Youth deer hunt weekend: Dec. 7–8 1
  • Muzzleloading gun season: Dec. 7–13, Feb. 24 – March 1

Last edited by hardcastonly; 02-28-2020 at 11:14 AM.
Old 10-04-2019, 05:35 AM
Spike

What would you say is the best location to hunt for whitetail deer. I am in Minnesota and wondering if there is a good spot for them
Old 10-07-2019, 05:20 AM
Spike

Originally Posted by Wingbone
Welcome to the forum.
3. I get down immediately. If I made a good shot, that deer will be dead before I get out of the tree. If I determine that it's a possible gut shot, I'll back out quietly and come back 6 hours later or overnight, whichever comes first.
In my experience, as a young hunter, I find that it helps to stay in the stand for five to ten minutes. I think that climbing out of a treestand while all pumped up after the shot can lead to injury, and I've also unfortunately made the mistake of leaving the stand directly after the shot and spooking the deer before it had died, pushing it beyond a big creek and up a hill where I couldn't find it by the end of the day. I think that it's a good rule of thumb for new hunters (like myself) to sit still and take a few deep breaths after the shot before climbing down.
Old 02-08-2020, 05:38 PM
Spike

Set-up a trail camera on the land you plan to hunt on. If you see plenty of deer it's game on!
Old 02-09-2020, 06:24 PM
Spike

Be patient

Play the wind

Relax and have fun

Dont let someone else determine what your trophy should be.
Old 04-27-2020, 05:18 AM
Spike

Originally Posted by Ashcreeker
Be patient

Play the wind

Relax and have fun

Dont let someone else determine what your trophy should be.
Hi, this is a real nice advice "Relax and have fun".
Old 05-22-2020, 06:38 PM
Spike

Sit sit sit sit sit. (In a good spot of course).

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.