Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > General Hunting Forums > Whitetail Deer Hunting
Scouting and Accessing Public Land >

Scouting and Accessing Public Land

Community
Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

Scouting and Accessing Public Land

Old 07-25-2017, 09:39 AM
Nontypical Buck

Wink

Originally Posted by flags
I could care less if he makes vids and shares them. My point is the comment he makes in the original post is that his method is a great way to get into new hunting lands and he doesn't seem to note that they may not be legal everywhere. Several of us gave examples where his method will get you a ticket.

And I'm sure not going to bother going to a different site to look up his "about me" post. Why not just put it here.
I don't think I said anything to you nor about you. I watched his video, and posted keep making them.

But since you want to quote me, I think you are wrong. Have a good day.
Old 07-25-2017, 09:42 AM
Giant Nontypical

Originally Posted by olsaltydog
I don't think I said anything to you nor about you. I watched his video, and posted keep making them.

But since you want to quote me, I think you are wrong. Have a good day.
Wrong about what? His method of accessing public land? In several areas of the west doing things his way could very well get someone a ticket. Perhaps you should look at the water use regs in places like CO and UT as has been noted.
Old 07-25-2017, 10:35 AM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by flags
Wrong about what? His method of accessing public land? In several areas of the west doing things his way could very well get someone a ticket. Perhaps you should look at the water use regs in places like CO and UT as has been noted.
I dont need to look, I have read into the issue a great bit and fish with a few guys that guide out there in the summers. I think your wrong in that he needs a disclaimer about what is legal or not legal, thats up to a viewer to figure out. I have never seen one at the beginning of a fishing show nor hunting show so why are we nitpicking his video?

The first 5 posts discussed the land access issue very adequately. Tops initial reply was correct, adequate, and sufficient. Your initial post dialed in exactly what he was not understanding. You guys took that fifth post the wrong way and it went downhill from there.

So again, I disagree, I posted to support him to continue making videos. Have a good day.
Old 07-25-2017, 11:26 AM
Giant Nontypical

I dont need to look, I have read into the issue a great bit and fish with a few guys that guide out there in the summers. I think your wrong in that he needs a disclaimer about what is legal or not legal, thats up to a viewer to figure out. I have never seen one at the beginning of a fishing show nor hunting show so why are we nitpicking his video?

The first 5 posts discussed the land access issue very adequately. Tops initial reply was correct, adequate, and sufficient. Your initial post dialed in exactly what he was not understanding. You guys took that fifth post the wrong way and it went downhill from there.

So again, I disagree, I posted to support him to continue making videos. Have a good day.

Disagree all you want, as most times when you post it's to disagree with someone and you never have a clue as to what your end of the disagreement is! The guy put out a video for all the world to see under a business he runs that would lead anyone that isn't up on things like several of us are that what he's doing is good anywhere. He even came back and made a statement to that affect AFTER we clued him in that many places don't allow you to do what he did. None of us said not to make videos now did we? IMHO that short first post of yours was essentially agreeing that his video was okay the way it was made and it certainly wasn't without specifically addressing the fact that what he was doing is not legal in many places and people need to know that. All we stated was that when a video is made that there should be explicit details of the dos and don'ts associated with the video. He could have made that statement right out in the video itself or had a disclaimer at the start or end of it like he finally stated he did after the thread kept going on and on due to him being obtuse like you seem to be now with your posts!

Last edited by Topgun 3006; 07-25-2017 at 11:35 AM. Reason: spelling
Old 07-25-2017, 11:40 AM
Spike

Keep making your videos and sharing them.
Thanks, and will do. I have too much fun to quit. It's not a business, and I don't make a dime off of it nor do I want too, so for me it's just about having fun and getting others out on a hunting or fishing adventure. I've got a lot to learn yet between filming and editing, but I've got a lot of hunts coming up so plenty of time to work on all of that.
Old 07-25-2017, 12:13 PM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by Topgun 3006
Disagree all you want, as most times when you post it's to disagree with someone and you never have a clue as to what your end of the disagreement is! The guy put out a video for all the world to see under a business he runs that would lead anyone that isn't up on things like several of us are that what he's doing is good anywhere. He even came back and made a statement to that affect AFTER we clued him in that many places don't allow you to do what he did. None of us said not to make videos now did we? IMHO that short first post of yours was essentially agreeing that his video was okay the way it was made and it certainly wasn't without specifically addressing the fact that what he was doing is not legal in many places and people need to know that. All we stated was that when a video is made that there should be explicit details of the dos and don'ts associated with the video. He could have made that statement right out in the video itself or had a disclaimer at the start or end of it like he finally stated he did after the thread kept going on and on due to him being obtuse like you seem to be now with your posts!
I'm sorry you and others are not up on things. I can't help you with that.

But I'm fairly certain of what I disagree with. There is no need for a disclaimer. You don't find them on most videos you come across in regards to hunting and fishing so why are you being so petty with this guys video? If you see an elk hunting video, do you need a disclaimer telling you the regulations for every state? Probably not. If I post a video of me fly fishing for Brooks, do you need a disclaimer about the seasons, size limits, etc. No, so stop being so dang on petty.
Old 07-25-2017, 03:09 PM
Typical Buck

I agree old salty and the info flags posted about texas regs was wrong. Unfortunately these guys are ruining this once good site with their B.S.
Old 07-25-2017, 03:44 PM
Giant Nontypical

Originally Posted by Timbrhuntr
I agree old salty and the info flags posted about texas regs was wrong. Unfortunately these guys are ruining this once good site with their B.S.
So please post and tell us what was incorrect, rather than just saying something he said was wrong! The thing wrong with this site is people like yourself coming on saying others are ruining this site, rather than you making some positive posts helping people like a number of us are trying to do. Try it sometime instead of just coming on every time a person posts like you keep doing to me to say how bad this site is. I asked you politely in a PM to play nice and got nothing back but BS about how you were going to follow me all over the site hoping I get banned and then you come on and post more of this kind of crap, which it appears is all you're good at! As the old saying says: "don't go away mad, just go away" if all you can post is how bad this site is!!!
Old 07-25-2017, 03:52 PM
Giant Nontypical

I'm sorry you and others are not up on things. I can't help you with that.

But I'm fairly certain of what I disagree with. There is no need for a disclaimer. You don't find them on most videos you come across in regards to hunting and fishing so why are you being so petty with this guys video? If you see an elk hunting video, do you need a disclaimer telling you the regulations for every state? Probably not. If I post a video of me fly fishing for Brooks, do you need a disclaimer about the seasons, size limits, etc. No, so stop being so dang on petty.
And what might we not be up on if you will please tell us, as we know what we're talking about and the OP didn't and then admitted it when confronted with facts we posted, LOL?! Posting facts to correct information that might get others in trouble with the law is not being petty. You disagree with us and that's fine, but most videos like you're talking about don't show a method that may be illegal in some areas like he did and because of that he should have said it wasn't legal everywhere, but he didn't know that until told so! Then when the facts were posted so at least those on this site would know what he posted was not legal in all areas he came right back and had to be corrected a second time because he was totally wrong. YOU are the one that's being petty because I'd bet that if you were one that followed his advice in an area where it was illegal you'd be pissed and be asking him to pay your ticket if you got one after watching his video!

Last edited by Topgun 3006; 07-25-2017 at 04:00 PM. Reason: spelling
Old 07-25-2017, 04:11 PM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by Topgun 3006
You disagree with us and that's fine, but most videos like you're talking about don't show a method that may be illegal in some areas like he did! Then when the facts were posted so at least those on this site would know what he posted was not legal in all areas he came right back and had to be corrected a second time because he was totally wrong. YOU are the one that's being petty because I'd bet that if you were one that followed his advice in an area where it was illegal you'd be pissed and be asking him to pay your ticket if you got one!
If i was taking a trip to his state and contacted him about the area rules and he presented himself as an outfitter or guide service then you betcha i would be pretty peeved. But I have never taken a fishing, hunting, boating, or camping trip anywhere without doing the research, making a few calls to proper officials and figuring out as much details as possible.

Listen, you don't have to like my views on things or agree with me, but some of this is getting rediculous. Almost like needing a warning label telling us "caution, coffee is got. I'm just saying, if I went through my YouTube history right now I can probably find an issue within each and every one. The first one would be my brothers spearfishing trip in Florida and if we put disclaimers into the videos like what is being asked here he would have to tell everyone that spears are not legal in certain areas but Hawaiian slings are the accepted method of harvesting in the Bahamas. I just don't see the point in the disclaimer. It's not the guys problem from Florida, it's the guys problem going to the Bahamas to find out what he needs to know.

Also if you went back and read my second post in this I agreed, you brought up an excellent point about land/water access. I even said the next few replies addressed what he was not fully understanding, but again I think you guys got ridiculously petty about everything after that.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.