Community
Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

New Info about Lyme disease

Old 11-14-2017, 08:37 PM
Spike

Default Awesome info

Just want to say thanks to the OP for putting this out there. Also the additional post about their knowledge and experiences. This is a serious topic most often not discussed on previous hunting forums I was on. Enjoyed it.
Old 12-19-2017, 03:07 AM
Dominant Buck

Ticks are spreading north for sure. I never had them on me and the last few years they have started to show up even in late season hunting. One day my brother had 6 on him when he came out of the woods while hunting close to the Quebec border in December.
Old 02-09-2020, 05:20 PM
Spike

Nothing to be foolish with...
Old 09-30-2020, 04:49 PM
Spike

I have a friend who suffers from the long term effects of Lyme Disease due to misdiagnosis early on, and now all she cam do is live with it. And when I say live with it I mean weekly procedures - blood transfusion, getting sick from other ailments extremely easy because of Lyme, things breaking and spraining extremely easy, treatment for many individual symptoms like extreme exhaustion, dizziness, many forms of pain all over. It is BRUTAL. She can't hold a job, can't have a relationship, it is awful. I don't understand why it's something we are all educated on so little.

Old 03-25-2021, 06:33 AM
Spike

I might look like a dweeb, but I tuck my pants into my socks. It's better than how I'd look in a hospital bed.
Old 11-21-2021, 12:16 PM
Spike

Hyperbarics will help
Old 11-21-2021, 01:20 PM
Dominant Buck

Ticks are bad this year I had one embedded a few days ago. Had a trip to the ER and they couldn't find it. Was in a bad spot and I think it is still in there. Doctor gave me some Lidocaine to numb it when she dug looking for it. Said that would kill it. On 7 days of doxy.

Last edited by Champlain Islander; 11-21-2021 at 01:41 PM.
Old 11-21-2021, 02:02 PM
Boone & Crockett

Sorry to hear that CI. I have friends who suffered for years with Lyme disease until it was diagnosed. It affected their mind and body. There is an injection that will protect you from the real bad affects however after my agency paid for any officer who wanted it to get it, I wound up with Rheumatoid Arthritis, one of the side affects of the injection, that was 18 years ago and I am still being treated for it. Lyme disease is no joke.
Old 11-21-2021, 02:55 PM
Dominant Buck

Yeah that's why I drove the hour to get to the ER when I couldn't get it out.
Old 07-02-2022, 01:47 AM
Spike

Thanks for the update