Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > General Hunting Forums > Whitetail Deer Hunting
HuntingNet.com - May Giveaway Contest! >

HuntingNet.com - May Giveaway Contest!

Community
Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

HuntingNet.com - May Giveaway Contest!

Old 06-29-2017, 04:36 AM
Boone & Crockett

Yep, Flags is still on his ban, I would have sworn I saw a recent post a day or two ago, but I reckon not.
Old 06-29-2017, 05:08 AM
Giant Nontypical

What do you want to know gjersey? If it's about flags getting banned for a month by Jake it was a real bunch of BS initiated by Jake! Then when some of us posted on the thread that the ban was a crock of BS suddenly the entire thread was moved to where we couldn't post and then from the site entirely. That has happened several times over the years when a Mod screws up like that and rather than admit that someone screwed the pooch and apologize they deep six it so the rest of the crowd can't see it. That's the whole scoop on it. If it's about this thread, all you need to do is read the entire thing and it's pretty much self explanatory.
Old 06-30-2017, 12:16 PM
Nontypical Buck

I guess I'm just a hunter that has seen an injustice and I tend to speak out about it.Thanks for the explanation Topgun, and I agree 100% I saw it, just wanting confirmation?
Old 07-03-2017, 08:57 PM
Spike

Default Save of the Day

This by far has been my favorite hunt to date. After having a buck walk out (I'd been after him for 2 yrs.) & a misfire from my rifle round, my heart was broken. I'd decided to suck it up. An hour later this huge doe walked out 75 yards and turned broad side. Needless to say it saved the day!
Attached Thumbnails HuntingNet.com - May Giveaway Contest!-picture_20161110_100106422.jpg  
Old 07-03-2017, 09:02 PM
Spike

Default Save of the Day

This by far has been my favorite hunt to date. After having a buck walk out (I'd been after him for 2 yrs.) & a misfire from my rifle round, my heart was broken. I'd decided to suck it up. An hour later this huge doe walked out 75 yards and turned broad side. Needless to say it saved the day!
Attached Thumbnails HuntingNet.com - May Giveaway Contest!-picture_20161110_100106422_wm.jpg  
Old 07-04-2017, 04:22 AM
Giant Nontypical

Welcome to the site lady hunter and please stick around and share your hunts with us!
Old 11-06-2017, 10:47 AM
Super Moderator

Just got back from the hunt with IMB Outfitters in Missouri.I had a great time and the lodge was excellent. Home cooked meals every eveningafter the hunt was very good.
I did not score on a buck as they had a 130” minimum and thelargest I seen I’m guessing was right around 120”. I didn’t want to spend the750$ penalty for a smaller buck lol. Of the 9 that were in camp 3 shot bucks butall 3 were with the head guide which seemed to have the better properties toset “his” clients on. Out of the other 2 “new” guides and their 6 clientscombined the 120” deer I seen was the largest seen. I did shoot a doe but wasnot permitted to pursue it once it jumped the fence to where some youth gunhunters were hunting. The shot was a bit high but after following the blood I’mpretty sure it was a lethal hit.
My guide did all he could but being his first year there I thinkthey had limited knowledge of the area. This should get better in time.
There are a few other complaints that I have but I will keepthem to myself as overall I enjoyed myself and met a few new friends that Iplan to keep in contact with.
Old 11-08-2017, 08:06 AM
Nontypical Buck

A favorite hunt of mine.
Attached Thumbnails HuntingNet.com - May Giveaway Contest!-2017-15-pt-2.jpg