Community
Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

Leupold CDS for 444

Old 07-15-2017, 09:30 PM
Typical Buck

Talstar1234, that should be a one piece base you have. There could be a couple of problems with you topping out. The first, and most likely, is your receiver may have a slight slope to it which will drop the front of the scope a slight bit, That slight bit can turn to several inches of adjustment. This problem can be solved by bedding the base and correctly leveling it. I've seen a few receivers, especially in some lever guns, with this problem and proper bedding of the scope base cures it effectively and quite cheaply. Another problem, which most of the time is a scope buster, is uneven rings. A ring alignment tool needs to be put in there to check that properly but most of the time the evidence is on your scope body. Dents in the scope body will be a tell tale sign.
Old 07-16-2017, 05:28 AM
Spike

It is a one piece base. I'll stop by the gunsmiths shop tomorrow and relay your advice hunters life. Thanks for the help and I'll keep posting the progress. I'm learning a lot about mounting scopes which is a good thing.
Old 07-16-2017, 06:57 AM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by Topgun 3006
I think you need to quit getting so butthurt any time someone suggests something that differs with your expert opinion mrbb! !
Topgun this ca be said about you too, so throwing stones in glass house's??

just cause you like something again, doesn't mean the OP needs to, answering the OP"S question is what advice I gather he is looking for , not suggestion to things other than he wanted
and I am NOT Butt Hurt at all, I can take and give advice ,good or bad, in agreement with me or not!

OH and just cause others agreed with you,. a low power scope is more at home on a large caliber lever gun, doesn't mean your RIGHT??????? either LOl as even I agreed on this? so your again liking to take poke at me, and again for NO honest reason, I just gave the OP honest advice from the start! you sure seem to have issue's with me or something else?????
and your more than welcome to PM and NOT take topic's off subject if you like to tell me something?
Old 07-16-2017, 07:28 AM
Giant Nontypical

Originally Posted by mrbb
Topgun this ca be said about you too, so throwing stones in glass house's??

just cause you like something again, doesn't mean the OP needs to, answering the OP"S question is what advice I gather he is looking for , not suggestion to things other than he wanted
and I am NOT Butt Hurt at all, I can take and give advice ,good or bad, in agreement with me or not!

OH and just cause others agreed with you,. a low power scope is more at home on a large caliber lever gun, doesn't mean your RIGHT??????? either LOl as even I agreed on this? so your again liking to take poke at me, and again for NO honest reason, I just gave the OP honest advice from the start! you sure seem to have issue's with me or something else?????
and your more than welcome to PM and NOT take topic's off subject if you like to tell me something?
"Issues with you", LOL! Please don't flatter yourself! If you weren't butthurt over this whole thread you wouldn't have even made this post back to me! Look how many lengthy posts you made on this thread arguing with anyone and everyone and you now tell me I'm the one trying to make everyone go with my advice! What a joke! Give me a break man, as you're the one getting his panties in a twist every time there are people that disagree with you! And no, I don't intend to take this to PMs with you when what needs to be said can be done right out on the Forums! Have a good day with your 20 power scopes! PS: By the way, there you go again with your misuse of ???????????, LOL!

Last edited by Topgun 3006; 07-16-2017 at 07:31 AM. Reason: spelling
Old 07-16-2017, 08:52 AM
Spike

I appreciate mrbb and topgun 3006 opinions, both have given me ideas for the other guns I'm setting up for Ohio.
Old 07-16-2017, 09:37 AM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by Topgun 3006
"Issues with you", LOL! Please don't flatter yourself! If you weren't butthurt over this whole thread you wouldn't have even made this post back to me! Look how many lengthy posts you made on this thread arguing with anyone and everyone and you now tell me I'm the one trying to make everyone go with my advice! What a joke! Give me a break man, as you're the one getting his panties in a twist every time there are people that disagree with you! And no, I don't intend to take this to PMs with you when what needs to be said can be done right out on the Forums! Have a good day with your 20 power scopes! PS: By the way, there you go again with your misuse of ???????????, LOL!
I threw in all them ??????? in there JUST for you there topgun
since I see how much you like them ???????????

and since maybe you don't get the point of PM's
there to NOT derail a topic when folks disagree and want to go off topic >

SO?????

I replied on this forum, due to you keep putting MY MRBB into your post here??
s, yes you have been calling me out in treads
I started with JUST giving MY opinion and advice, without needing to make things personal
and this is NOT the only tread you have done such to me?? so, maybe your getting old and don't remember what all you do?
or maybe your just miserable and set in your ways, SO< be it ????????????????????????????????????????????
I don't have my panties in a bunch, I honestly don't care what anyone YOU included post on a forum, there only words on a screen by someone I don't know or care to many times? so??
YOUR the one that seems to take offence and gets offended and starts to go name calling and or pushing your superior attitude you have?
I know I;'m not perfect nor ever said I was, but IO do try to help on these forums I visit, not single folks cause my views don't be there way? so> here's a few more ?????????????????????????????????????????????? for you there Topgun, and BY the way I ain't mad at you at all
my feelings are NOT hurt, I find this silly to be honest!
Old 07-16-2017, 09:52 AM
Giant Nontypical

It would appear to me that YOU are the only one that derailed this entire thread with your countless, repetitious posts disagreeing with just about every single member that gave the OP meaningful advice for the caliber he was asking about! Yes, I tell it like it is and if I disagree with YOU or anyone else on ANY subject that I feel I'm qualified to discuss I certainly do so and will continue to do so even if it's YOU that I disagree with. Now please take all of your SILLY ????????????? and lengthy posts with you, grow up, and let this thread die!