Community
Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

Claimed spots on public land

Old 10-28-2003, 08:08 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Claimed spots on public land

I agree that public land is for everyone. However I too feel it' s best to go deeper. I think alot of the bafoons that enter the woods only drive the deer deeper anyway.
Old 10-28-2003, 11:13 PM

Here' s my take on it.

what could you have done? nothing, except ask the guy to make an exception that one time. the land is public (just like the place I hunt). and if a guy wants to set his stand 4 yds from me, he can---because it is a public area.
there is nothing legally you can do about it unless he is trying to purposely screw up your hunt. then call the game warden.

beej
Old 10-29-2003, 03:37 AM
Nontypical Buck

I am glad that it doesn' t happen where I hunt. It is public but we pretty much know each other, if not by name then by truck or face. We will however setup 100-200yards from each other, if a section of swamp is between us or one of the clearcuts but never 15 yards.

I' d go back to the ladder stand and poop on it! Or at least at the bottom of it and cover it with a leaf. do that several times and he is guarrenteed(?) to step in it.
Old 10-29-2003, 03:58 AM

all i hunt is public land and like the members above the deeper you go into the wood the less people you find. I also like hunting swamps nobody messes with them I gottem to myself