Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

doe in heat lure

Old 10-27-2003, 02:28 PM

Default doe in heat lure

Does this stuff really work? I have used tinks 69 in the past with no real proof that it works. This year I am going to try golden estrus. Is there any tricks I should know as to how to use this. And does anyone have any strories to prove it really works. Also what about cover scent. Coon or fox urine how should one use this? Thanks for your help.
Old 10-27-2003, 02:57 PM

Default RE: doe in heat lure

I have used Tink' s 69 and it attracted one small buck that I saw. There might have been more after I left.
Old 10-27-2003, 05:26 PM
Banned

Default [Deleted]

[Deleted by Admins]
Old 10-27-2003, 10:10 PM
Giant Nontypical

I am not sure it really improves your odds at seeing or harvesting game, as an attractant by itself. However i do use it as a cover scent and conjunction with rattling/calling sessions. Before you get the idea to bath in your favorite doe in heat scent...wait. I simply place the scent around my location(stand or blind) in a shooting lane(Rifle usually 100 yards or so) and varying heights - 12 - 36" off the ground. The reason for this is to throw off the bucks nose if he happens to circle when I rattle...oh and they do circle down wind before coming in. However the single most important factor or key to success is a solid location or spot to begin with, placing scent anywhere will leave you dissapointed. On the flip side using it in a solid area may just make you think() it really works. Don' t believe all you read or hear, they aren' t magic but if used in conjunction with your scouting and other techs. they can buy you a shot. Which if this happens then they did their job!!!
Old 10-28-2003, 03:26 AM

Im with skeeter.. Well put.
Old 10-28-2003, 12:03 PM

I had 4 different bucks come into the " still steamin" esterous urine. I think if used at the right time, it will work
Old 10-28-2003, 12:28 PM

If you use doe in heat do you still need to use fox urine or coon urine as cover scent or will the doe in heat work for this as well? Thanks for your input.
Old 10-28-2003, 12:43 PM
Fork Horn

I' ve had good success using estrus. great way to get a deer into your shooting area. Last night, the buck I got came in on the scent trail I had laid on my way in. His head was down sniffing the trail the whole way. I also place a few drops of raccoon scent at the exact spot I want him to stop. this also works well for shot placement. Steve
Old 10-28-2003, 02:02 PM
Giant Nontypical

Personally I believe in scent elimination vs covering up. This includes as many scent free tactics for me personally and the use of scent elimination spray while hunting. More importantly is hunting the wind to your advantage, take away the nose and you only have to compete with eyes, ears and their Wiley minds...well one out of 4 ain' t bad!

I do however believe the use of scent during proper times in the year can help you, as stated in my first post. Still it is only one small piece of the puzzle.