Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > General Hunting Forums > Whitetail Deer Hunting
Prefab blind:  Redneck vs Banks Outdoors? >

Prefab blind: Redneck vs Banks Outdoors?

Community
Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

Prefab blind: Redneck vs Banks Outdoors?

Old 02-06-2017, 03:04 AM
Nontypical Buck

Talking

I for got to mention that because they are modular I can take them apart and move the whole thing several hundred miles away if I wish. the walls are fastened to the elevated stand floor with 4 inch lag bolts and the walls fasten to each other with 2 1/2 inch lag bolts.

They are also on skids so I can and do move them with the 4x4 400cc ATV. I also have used one of my tractors and my truck once.

Al
Old 02-07-2017, 03:50 AM
Typical Buck

Less than 100 bucks here. It is all screwed together. The only thing that never comes off is the 2x6 bottoms. I take it apart and store it in the barn every winter. I back the truck up and tilt it into the back all by myself
Old 02-07-2017, 05:13 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default Prefab Blind: I'm a Contrarian

I think of Costs, construction time and getting put in one place constantly with that investment.
I'm such a contrarian, I do have a climbing stand, that I carry into and out of the woods, just so I don't get caught hunting out of the same tree.
I get out of the cold wind, by moving for awhile in among some heavily lined trees, cutting the wind.
Everyone is free, I feel, to do their own kind of hunting, as long as its legal. And that includes me and not using Prefab blinds.
Old 02-07-2017, 02:27 PM
Nontypical Buck

Talking

The deer in my area look at my deer blinds like the rest of the buildings on the property. They lay up next to the back of my pole barn since it blocks a west wind, Down on the north side of the house because of the cut out for the walk out basement that also blocks the west, south and a hill blocks the north wind.

I have had them come and lay under the blind I am in during a rain storm, they even lay up under my canoe on a pair of saw horses.

Deer just get used to the blinds. One in my front yard is out in the yard during fire arm deer season and back in the pines afterwards.

Al