HuntingNet.com Forums

HuntingNet.com Forums (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/)
-   Whitetail Deer Hunting (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/whitetail-deer-hunting-4/)
-   -   Looking for a camping and hunting experience location. (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/whitetail-deer-hunting/411532-looking-camping-hunting-experience-location.html)

sparx215 01-22-2017 11:23 AM

Looking for a camping and hunting experience location.

Greetings everyone,

I'm new to the gun world. I'm a city slicker from Philadelphia, P.A. and about 2 years ago I've gotten into the gun life because I was doing something I thought was completely out of my element. The best way to sum this up is IM FREAKING HOOKED! I love gun so damn much now! I go everywhere with my CCW. I've spent almost half of my extra money (after bills and responsibility's are taken care of) on things, gadgets and things like that retain to firearms and survival. Today I purchased a hunting rifle for a hog hunting trip I plan to take in April down at Hog Wild Adventures in Texas. But It's also come to my attention that I want to do a 2 week long camping trip while also hunting and fishing for some of my food. These 2 experiences I have never even thought about doing up until recently. So I'm trying to find a nice spot on the east coast (Maybe mid west) where I can do this with a group of friends of about 6 individuals.

Is there anyone on this forum that can really recommend me a few places to look? Thank you!

Rob in VT 01-22-2017 11:32 AM

Take a look at Maine. In the fall you can fish for trout and do a little grouse hunting.

BRUSE 01-22-2017 03:32 PM

Look at some of the southern states you can camp and hunt hogs on the wildlife management areas.

nchawkeye 01-22-2017 04:17 PM

Look at the Uwharrie National Forest here in North Carolina, you can camp on the shores of Badin Lake or in the National Forest and hunt from camp....

blessed n born to hunt 01-23-2017 05:14 AM

Hope you enjoy your texas trip and you can hunt and camp at a lot of Texas properties. LBJ, grasslands , Caddo lake , lots of state parks and national forest and state parks . I personally love the grasslands, thousands of acres broken into large and small parcels that can be hunted from foot or horseback , no atvs . If you pm me I'll tell you some hot spots I prefer . When will you be in texas ? Core of engineers land around the lakes is awesome , worth the effort. I to 2 hogs with my bow in the last 2 months and was not after them just deer hunting , will start hunting pigs soon though - what state are you in ?

alleyyooper 01-24-2017 04:32 AM

Your in PA so find the public land and enjoy yourself Kid.

:D Al

Oldtimr 01-24-2017 07:55 AM

Not a lot of public land allows camping, there is no camping on state game lands.

Montana Ranches 01-27-2017 11:53 AM

It may be far from where you originally thought about looking, but another great place that allows public camping on a good portion of public land is, Montana. Not only that but it is dense in big game animals and the hunting is great.

Just the other day, I was walking around a ...Edited by Champlain Islander...and spotted a decent sized group of deer. Depending on the time of year, herds of elk are also commonly seen in the area. I realize it's not exactly where you were originally looking, but Montana offers everything you are looking for as far as the combo of hunting and camping.

Oldtimr 01-27-2017 12:14 PM

Montana is a bit large and overwhelming for a guy who never hunted before.

LaurenWelchat 08-03-2020 01:31 AM

<!--td {border: 1px solid #ccc;}br {mso-data-placement:same-cell;}-->Can somebody help to find a place for camping near chicago?