Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

Deer drives

Old 01-22-2017, 07:49 PM
  #51  
Typical Buck
 
Jack Ryan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Posts: 866
Default

Originally Posted by woodenb14
Exactly right. Never heard anyone upset or offended about tactics used to kill coyotes. Not sure what the difference is with deer, but there seems to be one.
When you start taking coyotes home to eat them you'll notice the difference.
Jack Ryan is offline  
Old 01-22-2017, 08:06 PM
  #52  
Nontypical Buck
 
rockport's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Posts: 3,359
Default

Originally Posted by Jack Ryan
When you start taking coyotes home to eat them you'll notice the difference.
So you respect them based on flavor?
rockport is offline  
Old 01-22-2017, 11:53 PM
  #53  
Nontypical Buck
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: VA.
Posts: 1,415
Default

Originally Posted by rockport
What about people that shoot running coyotes at 70 yards? sad testament?
Yeah, what about it? The topic is deer(drives). Always somebody that can't stay w/the subject.

Let's all disrespect a regal game animal by taking poke and hope shots that do nothing but cause the animal to suffer injury and slow death and give the anti's fuel to use against hunting. I'm sure everyone here supports that. Sarcasm off.
Game Stalker is offline  
Old 01-23-2017, 12:24 AM
  #54  
Nontypical Buck
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: VA.
Posts: 1,415
Default

Originally Posted by rockport
It is interesting how some animals somehow "deserve more respect" than others.
Originally Posted by rockport
There certainly is. I'm not criticizing anyone because I'm guilty as well, I just think its interesting.

For example I definitely give deer more consideration than a coyote

If I see a coyote and have a gun I'm prolly gonna shoot at it.

How many hunter shoot ducks and geese and just throw them in a ditch? I don't because I like them but most people don't but I will shoot an old nasty coyote and leave him laying....Ive seen me do it.
Interesting, indeed.
It's a common thing each must address and we can discuss the matter without it leading to finger pointing at some point. Regardless of the conversation for our own enlightenment, each person will still make their own personal decisions-hopefully w/respect to the laws.
Game Stalker is offline  
Old 01-23-2017, 03:12 AM
  #55  
Dominant Buck
 
Champlain Islander's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: On an Island in Paradise
Posts: 22,937
Default

Everyone has different standards and as long as what they do is legal I don't have any issues. My own standards are that I eat whatever I kill. If I don't want to eat it I don't shoot at it. I understand that others don't see it that way and that is OK with me.
Champlain Islander is offline  
Old 01-23-2017, 03:54 AM
  #56  
Giant Nontypical
 
Join Date: Oct 2013
Posts: 9,230
Default

Originally Posted by rockport
How many hunter shoot ducks and geese and just throw them in a ditch? I don't because I like them but most people don't
And just what figures on a nationwide basis can you produce that backs up your claim that most hunters waste the meat of waterfowl they shoot? Because I don't know anyone that does that. Waste of game meat is a serious offense in every state and if you personally know a lot of people that waste the resource and you don't report them then you are in essence part of the problem.
flags is offline  
Old 01-23-2017, 04:05 AM
  #57  
Fork Horn
Thread Starter
 
woodenb14's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2013
Posts: 107
Default

Flags can u back up ur ealrier statement about "even more are wounded than killed" with some figures? I would appreciate that. Also, you should be reporting all those ppl wounding animals if you are aware of them.
woodenb14 is offline  
Old 01-23-2017, 04:20 AM
  #58  
Dominant Buck
 
Champlain Islander's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: On an Island in Paradise
Posts: 22,937
Default

Originally Posted by flags
And just what figures on a nationwide basis can you produce that backs up your claim that most hunters waste the meat of waterfowl they shoot? Because I don't know anyone that does that. Waste of game meat is a serious offense in every state and if you personally know a lot of people that waste the resource and you don't report them then you are in essence part of the problem.
Most of the duck hunters I know eat their kills. I am aware of problems when the snow geese are shot. I guess they aren't as edible as the Canadians or so I am told, and am aware our fish and wildlife was looking at a case where a bunch were found dumped in a ditch near the road. Flags is right wanton waste is a serious offense almost everywhere.
Champlain Islander is offline  
Old 01-23-2017, 04:40 AM
  #59  
Nontypical Buck
 
rockport's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Posts: 3,359
Default

Originally Posted by flags
And just what figures on a nationwide basis can you produce that backs up your claim that most hunters waste the meat of waterfowl they shoot? Because I don't know anyone that does that. Waste of game meat is a serious offense in every state and if you personally know a lot of people that waste the resource and you don't report them then you are in essence part of the problem.
Well I didn't say "most hunters waste the meat of waterfowl they shoot" so no I can't back it up but I'm not naive it happens a lot.... Specially snow geese.
rockport is offline  
Old 01-23-2017, 04:43 AM
  #60  
Nontypical Buck
 
rockport's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Posts: 3,359
Default

Originally Posted by Game Stalker
Yeah, what about it? The topic is deer(drives). Always somebody that can't stay w/the subject.

Let's all disrespect a regal game animal by taking poke and hope shots that do nothing but cause the animal to suffer injury and slow death and give the anti's fuel to use against hunting. I'm sure everyone here supports that. Sarcasm off.
That is not what I said at all.

I think what I said is very much on topic. I think you are just mad because I made a good point.
rockport is offline  

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.