Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > General Hunting Forums > Whitetail Deer Hunting
New Year, New Deer Season to Prepare For >

New Year, New Deer Season to Prepare For

Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

New Year, New Deer Season to Prepare For

Old 01-05-2017, 12:38 PM
Spike

Default New Year, New Deer Season to Prepare For

I sat down after my season in MI came to a close and took note, as usual, of what I did right and wrong. There are some lessons I have learned over the years that always stick with me for every season and so this year, I decided to write them down in hopes it might help someone else answer their questions from a difficult season. I'd love to hear your lessons and feedback. Hope you enjoy it!

http://lifestylelost.com/index.php/2...utions-5-tips/
Old 01-05-2017, 12:57 PM
Giant Nontypical

Deer season is still open here in TX. So it is a new year and I get to go deer hunting on Sat! Life is good!
Old 01-05-2017, 01:09 PM
Giant Nontypical

Originally Posted by flags
Deer season is still open here in TX. So it is a new year and I get to go deer hunting on Sat! Life is good!
Rub it in why don't ya, LOL!
Old 01-05-2017, 01:17 PM
Fork Horn

Originally Posted by flags
Same here and to top it off, the rut is about to kick into full gear! Saturday can't get here soon enough!
Old 01-05-2017, 01:32 PM
Boone & Crockett

Our Flintlock and late archery opened the day after Christmas until Jan 14 in most of the state and until Jan 28 in three management units.
Old 01-05-2017, 01:49 PM
Dominant Buck

Only thing to hunt here now are rabbits. Time for the annual ice fishing which is the only reason I still live here in Vt all winter.
Old 01-05-2017, 05:19 PM
Fork Horn

Originally Posted by Champlain Islander
Only thing to hunt here now are rabbits. Time for the annual ice fishing which is the only reason I still live here in Vt all winter.
Lol, you can have that same drink sitting in the Gulf in warm weather, unless you don't partake in the summertime
Old 01-05-2017, 06:27 PM
Fork Horn

Good luck Saturday is rated excellent by accuweathers hunting forecast, I'll be in my tree stand bow in hand,good luck yall
Old 01-06-2017, 01:54 AM
Nontypical Buck

Talking

Sure not a reason to be bored here since the deer season closed 6 days ago. Rabbit and squirrel season runs till the end of March. Crow season will open 2-1-17 till the end of March also.
Coyote season is now always open.

I have hunted Mid Michigan farm and big woods land for many years.
Michigan's UP big woods since 1992 and Southern Michigan farm areas since 1986.

I can't think Of a thing I haven't learned in my 55 years of deer hunting. Most important thing I have learned, You are not going to see or shoot a buck if your not out side. I have collected two bucks from my yard, so don't think you have to be in the woods when hunting.

As a kid in our Mid Michigan one room school house we would watch a good sized buck one deer season cross the road and go to the edge of the school grounds and lay down nearly under a couple of Douglas fur trees and stay there all day.

Ever walk over to the stone pile surrounded with tall grass and some scrub brush in the middle of a hay field? Ever have the deer heart stopping explode from that grass and brush?

Ever set in a deer blind all day and not see a deer then all of a sudden there one is. It had been laying under a tree top all day and had gotten under it way early in the morning.

Ever taken the time to check out the pond with a 3'x3' hump high and dry out in it and a deer or even two were laying there?

Al
Old 01-06-2017, 07:08 AM
Fork Horn

Originally Posted by blessed n born to hunt
Good luck Saturday is rated excellent by accuweathers hunting forecast, I'll be in my tree stand bow in hand,good luck yall
Man I don't even look at that stuff! Just be in the woods, hunt the wind and see what happens! Can't kill them in the bed! Good luck to you as well.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.