Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > General Hunting Forums > Whitetail Deer Hunting
Hunting camp population off recently >

Hunting camp population off recently

Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

Hunting camp population off recently

Old 12-13-2016, 05:49 AM
Typical Buck

all of the above plus in our area--since the 60,s in over 20,000nd there were so many camps it was fun just to stop by and visit--over the years the county clear cut almost all the county land--virtually all of the oak ridges are gone also---add numerous packs of wolves along with many years of almost handing out cheap doe tags all this took a toll, this rifle deer season a couple of hunting shack small groups a far cry from 10 years ago kinda sad but ya see no deer after awhile you quit or move!
Old 12-13-2016, 06:31 AM
Nontypical Buck

Once something stops being a necessity, it becomes a trend. And like many trends will come and go. Lack of land access has been a big issue for hunting and like mentioned above all the clear cutting of public lands has ruined many good hunting spots and will take years to regrow. Not entirely the issue but has been a cause for the decline.

Then again, look at fishing and their increases. Fishing has become more popular then ever to younger generations and at some point with regulations limiting seasons and bag limits we may see fishing taper off and decline at some point.

Either way, I am 33 and plan to hunt and fish a long time so if the numbers decline, then so be it. More woods and water for me to enjoy and I hope there are some great land deals in my future to own my own personal property one day. So let the decline continue though with the resurgence of naturally organic foods and a self sufficient lifestyle becoming more trendy I feel it may not dip too low.