Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > General Hunting Forums > Whitetail Deer Hunting
Newbie never tell anyone where you hunt >

Newbie never tell anyone where you hunt

Community
Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

Newbie never tell anyone where you hunt

Old 12-12-2016, 07:30 PM
Super Moderator

I'd like to sit down with Valentine around a fire for an evening and see how the conversation goes. Would probably be a good time.
-Jake
Old 12-13-2016, 03:39 AM
Spike

Learned a valuable lesson once upon a time with this. Was in college doing my student teaching and had been catching the heck out of the whitebass in a secluded spot on the river. One of the teachers where I was student teaching asked me to take him and I did so. Went back a couple days later and he was there with 2 other guys and a stringer full of fish. Tried fishing the spot a few more times but someone was always there. Lost a good fishing hole but learned a valuable lesson in life. Now when people ask "where'd you catch those fish at?" I just point to my lip and grin saying "right there in the lip!"
Old 12-13-2016, 04:36 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by KSBuck1977
Learned a valuable lesson once upon a time with this. Was in college doing my student teaching and had been catching the heck out of the whitebass in a secluded spot on the river. One of the teachers where I was student teaching asked me to take him and I did so. Went back a couple days later and he was there with 2 other guys and a stringer full of fish. Tried fishing the spot a few more times but someone was always there. Lost a good fishing hole but learned a valuable lesson in life. Now when people ask "where'd you catch those fish at?" I just point to my lip and grin saying "right there in the lip!"
yep. happens often. I have lost some good coyote calling spots from same scenario.

nothing wrong with mentoring other hunters but save your honeyholes for yourself.
Old 12-13-2016, 04:41 AM
Nontypical Buck

I located a spot for deer that I know has big bucks going through it.
When going to it, I put a map marked with the location in an envelope, and sealed it. That way they know where to send the ambulance if I don't make it back, and I don't give the location away.
Old 12-14-2016, 05:25 PM
Fork Horn

Good luck getting help when you fall out of the tree stand.
Old 12-15-2016, 01:10 AM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by kidoggy
yep. happens often. I have lost some good coyote calling spots from same scenario.

nothing wrong with mentoring other hunters but save your honeyholes for yourself.
I'm a firm believer that when you put the time and effort in to achieve success, you need to be the one to benefit from the reward. Sharing is an option that can be made later if desired.
(Of course, there may be special people this don't apply to.)

Last edited by Game Stalker; 12-15-2016 at 02:38 PM.
Old 12-15-2016, 03:45 AM
Giant Nontypical

Originally Posted by the blur
Still hunt. Problem solved.
Old 12-15-2016, 05:24 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by the blur
this is the mentality I have heard from many.
" only idiots hunt alone."
to which I answer, " I don't believe that is true BUT if you are an idiot, I would not recommend YOU hunt alone."
Old 12-15-2016, 05:25 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by flags
Still hunt. Problem solved.
lol. never know ,flags, some hunter might fall outa their tree stand and land on you.
Old 12-15-2016, 01:02 PM
Spike

Originally Posted by KSBuck1977
The lesson learned here, was don't trust coworkers.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.