Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > General Hunting Forums > Whitetail Deer Hunting
Newbie never tell anyone where you hunt >

Newbie never tell anyone where you hunt

Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

Newbie never tell anyone where you hunt

Old 12-12-2016, 07:30 PM
  #11  
Super Moderator
 
Bocajnala's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Trumbull County, Ohio
Posts: 8,458
Default

I'd like to sit down with Valentine around a fire for an evening and see how the conversation goes. Would probably be a good time.
-Jake
Bocajnala is offline  
Old 12-13-2016, 03:39 AM
  #12  
Spike
 
Join Date: Feb 2014
Posts: 22
Default

Learned a valuable lesson once upon a time with this. Was in college doing my student teaching and had been catching the heck out of the whitebass in a secluded spot on the river. One of the teachers where I was student teaching asked me to take him and I did so. Went back a couple days later and he was there with 2 other guys and a stringer full of fish. Tried fishing the spot a few more times but someone was always there. Lost a good fishing hole but learned a valuable lesson in life. Now when people ask "where'd you catch those fish at?" I just point to my lip and grin saying "right there in the lip!"
KSBuck1977 is offline  
Old 12-13-2016, 04:36 AM
  #13  
Banned
 
Join Date: Dec 2014
Location: idaho
Posts: 2,773
Default

Originally Posted by KSBuck1977 View Post
Learned a valuable lesson once upon a time with this. Was in college doing my student teaching and had been catching the heck out of the whitebass in a secluded spot on the river. One of the teachers where I was student teaching asked me to take him and I did so. Went back a couple days later and he was there with 2 other guys and a stringer full of fish. Tried fishing the spot a few more times but someone was always there. Lost a good fishing hole but learned a valuable lesson in life. Now when people ask "where'd you catch those fish at?" I just point to my lip and grin saying "right there in the lip!"
yep. happens often. I have lost some good coyote calling spots from same scenario.

nothing wrong with mentoring other hunters but save your honeyholes for yourself.
kidoggy is offline  
Old 12-13-2016, 04:41 AM
  #14  
Typical Buck
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: NE Kansas
Posts: 871
Default

I located a spot for deer that I know has big bucks going through it.
When going to it, I put a map marked with the location in an envelope, and sealed it. That way they know where to send the ambulance if I don't make it back, and I don't give the location away.
Father Forkhorn is offline  
Old 12-14-2016, 05:25 PM
  #15  
Fork Horn
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Posts: 385
Default

Good luck getting help when you fall out of the tree stand.
the blur is offline  
Old 12-15-2016, 01:10 AM
  #16  
Nontypical Buck
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: VA.
Posts: 1,411
Default

Originally Posted by kidoggy View Post
yep. happens often. I have lost some good coyote calling spots from same scenario.

nothing wrong with mentoring other hunters but save your honeyholes for yourself.
I'm a firm believer that when you put the time and effort in to achieve success, you need to be the one to benefit from the reward. Sharing is an option that can be made later if desired.
(Of course, there may be special people this don't apply to.)

Last edited by Game Stalker; 12-15-2016 at 02:38 PM.
Game Stalker is offline  
Old 12-15-2016, 03:45 AM
  #17  
Giant Nontypical
 
Join Date: Oct 2013
Posts: 8,670
Default

Originally Posted by the blur View Post
Good luck getting help when you fall out of the tree stand.
Still hunt. Problem solved.
flags is offline  
Old 12-15-2016, 05:24 AM
  #18  
Banned
 
Join Date: Dec 2014
Location: idaho
Posts: 2,773
Default

Originally Posted by the blur View Post
Good luck getting help when you fall out of the tree stand.
this is the mentality I have heard from many.
" only idiots hunt alone."
to which I answer, " I don't believe that is true BUT if you are an idiot, I would not recommend YOU hunt alone."
kidoggy is offline  
Old 12-15-2016, 05:25 AM
  #19  
Banned
 
Join Date: Dec 2014
Location: idaho
Posts: 2,773
Default

Originally Posted by flags View Post
Still hunt. Problem solved.
lol. never know ,flags, some hunter might fall outa their tree stand and land on you.
kidoggy is offline  
Old 12-15-2016, 01:02 PM
  #20  
Spike
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: IN
Posts: 36
Default

Originally Posted by KSBuck1977 View Post
Learned a valuable lesson once upon a time with this. Was in college doing my student teaching and had been catching the heck out of the whitebass in a secluded spot on the river. One of the teachers where I was student teaching asked me to take him and I did so. Went back a couple days later and he was there with 2 other guys and a stringer full of fish. Tried fishing the spot a few more times but someone was always there. Lost a good fishing hole but learned a valuable lesson in life. Now when people ask "where'd you catch those fish at?" I just point to my lip and grin saying "right there in the lip!"
The lesson learned here, was don't trust coworkers.
IndianaBigBucks is offline  

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.