Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > General Hunting Forums > Whitetail Deer Hunting
so what did you reach for your last deer hunt >

so what did you reach for your last deer hunt

Community
Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

so what did you reach for your last deer hunt

Old 12-12-2016, 09:03 AM
Dominant Buck

Old but steady TC Black Diamond. All cleaned up and back in the vault for another season. It is now time for ice fishing which is my favorite time of the year....right along with fall, summer and spring.
Old 12-12-2016, 10:43 AM
Nontypical Buck

Knight Disc Elite
I'll carry that the rest of the season, this year.

I hunt with a ML about 90% of the time...use a CF rifle about one week a year. Usually my .280 Mountain rifle.
Old 12-12-2016, 10:54 AM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by Champlain Islander
Old but steady TC Black Diamond. All cleaned up and back in the vault for another season. It is now time for ice fishing which is my favorite time of the year....right along with fall, summer and spring.
That makes me kind of jealous. We haven't had much ice fishing weather the last few years.

My ice fishing buddy just passed away a couple weeks ago. We used to setup a deer blind on his pond during late doe season. Shooting deer and catching 14 inch crappie in a heated blind was a pretty good time.
Old 12-12-2016, 11:04 AM
Dominant Buck

Originally Posted by rockport
That makes me kind of jealous. We haven't had much ice fishing weather the last few years.

My ice fishing buddy just passed away a couple weeks ago. We used to setup a deer blind on his pond during late doe season. Shooting deer and catching 14 inch crappie in a heated blind was a pretty good time.
My condolences for your friend's passing. A good fishing or hunting partner is hard to come by. Catching large crappie through the ice is about as good as it gets. Black Crappie was God's answer at making a warm water fish as pretty as a trout.
Old 12-12-2016, 11:22 AM
Nontypical Buck

My condolences for your friend's passing. A good fishing or hunting partner is hard to come by. Catching large crappie through the ice is about as good as it gets. Black Crappie was God's answer at making a warm water fish as pretty as a trout.
We don't have a ton of black crappie here. The lake I camp on all summer happens to be the odd lake that is loaded with them though. I love catching those big male black crappie when they are really colored up in the spring.

I'm ready to get started.....shed hunting in Feb, hog hunt in March and crappie spawn, turkey season and mushroom hunting in april, trout trip in May,catfish spawn in June.
Old 12-12-2016, 11:32 AM
Dominant Buck

Sounds like you will be busy Rock. Busy in the outdoors is always a good thing.
Old 12-12-2016, 11:42 AM
Nontypical Buck

Sounds like you will be busy Rock. Busy in the outdoors is always a good thing.
Yep, I'll find some time between July and getting ready for deer season to recline up under a shade tree and stare at the lake.

Thats what I would like to think anyway but in reality land I'll probably have to spend that time working on all the equipment.
Old 12-12-2016, 04:59 PM
Giant Nontypical

CVA Accura V2. 50 Cal.
Old 12-12-2016, 06:19 PM
Fork Horn

Ruger M77 Hawkeye in 35 Whelen a little over kill some may say
Old 12-12-2016, 07:38 PM
Super Moderator

My last hunt... a Remington 700 in .30-06.. The last deer I shot was with a Mossberg 695 12ga shooting Remington accutips.
-Jake

Last edited by Bocajnala; 12-12-2016 at 10:56 PM.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.